WHO - Call for expression of interest for evaluation consultants
The WHO Evaluation Office seeks expressions of interest from qualified independent evaluators and evaluation consultants or teams of independent evaluators and others with experience in thematic, strategic and impact level evaluations, in-country and project level evaluations for the following corporate evaluations selected from its 2018-2019 workplan (available here), which has just been approved by the Executive Board:
- evaluation of the utilization of national professional officers at the country level;
- corporate evaluation of WHO’s results-based management framework;
- evaluation of one Grade 3 emergency;
- initial evaluation of the Framework of Engagement with Non-State Actors;
- evaluation of the neglected tropical diseases programme, with a special focus on the current neglected tropical diseases road map for implementation;
- evaluation of the Global strategy and action plan on ageing and health (2016–2020);
- country office evaluations (6–10)
We ask interested candidates to submit to us their expression of interest by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with an indication of the assignment for which they would like to be considered in the e-mail’s subject line. Each expression of interest should contain an up-to-date CV and a one-page outline that details how past experiences are of direct relevance to the assignment for which interest is expressed.
Please feel free to share this announcement with your colleagues and in your network.
The deadline for submission of expressions of interest for the evaluations is by close of business on 12 February 2018.
IMPORTANT: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by the WHO Evaluation Office.
The WHO Evaluation Office is looking for three professional seniority levels.
- Ability to write analytical, clear and concise reports
- Fluency in written and oral English and, depending on the country(ies) covered by the evaluation, proficiency in French and/or Spanish.
- Excellent communication skills, including cultural sensitivity
- Willingness to undertake travel
- Capacity to work autonomously and in a team of consultants
- Work experience in developing countries
- Compliance with UNEG Norms and Standards and with the UNEG ethical standards of conduct
- Academic qualifications or training in evaluation matters is an asset
Essential technical skills and experience
- Sound knowledge and proven experience of evaluation standards, methods and terminology (including mixed methods, theories of change, measurement of impact and of value for money)
- At least 10 years’ experience, in the design, management and conduct of strategic evaluations in the areas of global policy or public health, international development, humanitarian settings, social sciences or related areas
- Postgraduate qualifications in areas related to the evaluation subjects
- WHO daily fees for evaluation experts range from US$ 500 to US$ 625 - rates will be offered based on candidate expertise and complexity of the assignment
B-Evaluation specialist (mid-level)
- Sound knowledge of evaluation standards, methods and terminology (including mixed methods, theories of change, measurement of impact and of value for money)
- At least 5 years’ experience in the design, and conduct of complex evaluations in the areas of global policy or public health, international development, humanitarian settings, social sciences or related areas
- Graduate qualifications in areas related to the evaluation subjects (postgraduate qualifications an asset)
- WHO daily fees for evaluation specialists range from US$ 350 to US$ 500 - rates will be offered based on candidate expertise and complexity of the assignment
C- Evaluation consultant (junior level)
- Familiarity with evaluation standards and methods, in particular quantitative data collection methods, online surveys, etc.
- At least 2 years’ experience of participation in evaluations, preferably in the area of health in international or humanitarian contexts
- Graduate qualifications in areas related to the evaluation subjects
- WHO daily fees for junior evaluation consultants range from US$ 275 to US$ 350 - rates will be offered based on candidate expertise and complexity of the assignment
With best regards,
WHO Evaluation Office
More information on our activities available at the following link.