FMA - Frontier Markets Advisors Inc. is seeking a development financing/ impact investing Associate
FMA - Frontier Markets Advisors Inc. is seeking a self-starting development financing/ impact investing professional to join its team as an Associate. Based in Montreal, Canada, the position is full-time.
FMA is a Canadian corporation that provides advisory services globally in the areas of investment structuring, investment fund strategy and design, investment due diligence, and risk/investment management governance, in relation to development financing/impact investing. FMA’s core clients are impact investors, development finance institutions/agencies, governments, and NGOs involved in economic and social development.
The Associate will be assigned to multiple transactions and company initiatives. The Associate is expected to perform the following duties with minimal oversight:
- Build, audit, manipulate/edit, and interpret dynamic financial models for development financing/impact investing projects.
- Conduct research and financial and economic analyses to back FMA’s services delivered.
- Manage various processes and deliverables related to the origination and closing of transactions.
- Write thorough and well-organized reports for clients.
- Write thorough and well-organized bid submissions in response to RFPs and other business and client development efforts.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business or related field.
- Graduate degree or CFA a plus.
- Formal training in financial modeling a plus.
Prior Work Experience Required
- Two to four years of experience in transactional finance.
- Experience in development financing/impact investing, or with exportable experience.
- Experience working in/with developing countries is preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced financial modeling and sensitivity analysis skills.
- Experience analyzing and interpreting historical financial statements.
- Experience conducting market assessments, risk analysis, and contract reviews.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, and with accountability and a high level of organization, in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Highly concise and persuasive writing skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external audiences.
- Multilingualism is preferred.
Interested candidates should email their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before February 12, 2021.