Human Resources Specialist (HRS) - Institutional Development
Cowater International Inc. is currently mobilizing for a five-year Project titled "Empowering Women through Professionalization of the Nursing Sector in Bangladesh (ProNurse)” which aims to enhance the voice, influence and empowerment of nurses in the health sector in Bangladesh. The expected results include: i) improved quality of gender-responsive education for female nurses in both public and private sectors in Bangladesh; ii) improved performance and professional status of female nurses in Bangladesh; and iii) improved enabling environment for female nurses’ for increased participation in the health sector in Bangladesh.
The Human Resources Specialist, a full time position, reporting to the Team Leader (TL), ProNurse, located in Dhaka, will be responsible for conducting an overall assessment and situation analysis of the status of current career path for public sector nurses. S/he will also lead the process of development of the competency based nursing career path and relevant job descriptions working closely with the DGNM, MOHFW and other relevant ministries. S/he will also be responsible for day-to-day implementation of selected project outputs/activities and provide technical support on project matters to the Directorate General of Nursing Services and Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- Review and analyze background documents, such as, Ministry of Health and Familiy Welfare’s (MOHFW) Bangladesh Health Workforce Strategy, Nurse Midwifery Act, Nurse Midwifery Operations Plan, Report from the National Task Force for Future of Nursing or any other document assigned by supervisor;
- Under the guidance of TL, engage/participate in stakeholder/counterparts consultations, Key Informant interviews to gather baseline information to inform five year Project Implementation strategy of selected outputs;
- Assist DGNM to establish a Technical Working Group to work on Expanded Nursing Career Path (TWG-ENCP) hold consultation meetings including national stakeholder meeting to develop a nursing career path;
- Provide technical assistance (TA) to the TWG-ENCP to review all current nursing career path reference documents (current MOHFW, MOPA, PSC, MOF policy and Gov't Orders; international best practice);
- Provide TA to the TWG-ENCP to draft a comprehensive, competency based gender-responsive career path for nurses with definite career streams;
- Provide TA to the TWG-ENCP to revise all current job descriptions and develop new ones as needed to align with the revised nursing career path streams;
- Work closely with TL and Directorate General of Nursing and Midwifery (DGNM) to obtain approval of the career path by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare including approval from Ministry of Public Administration, Ministry of Finance and Bangladesh Public Service Commission;
- Work closely with International Nursing adviser and TL to assess the current organizational capacity of Bangladesh Nurses Association (BNA);
- Develop and implement a plan for organizational strengthening of BNA, including revision/updating of the constitution, streamlining election process;
- Assist BNA interim EC to review and revise BNA constitution and registration with International Council of Nurses (ICN) as necessary Assist interim BNA leadership to conduct a comprehensive SWOT analysis to identify priority organizational development needs
- Facilitate orientation of the key BNA members and champions on the approved nursing career path and assist policy advocacy initiatives to facilitate implementation of the nursing career path
- Provide TA and orientation to DGNM to assist them in adopting and implementing new gender-sensitive, streamlined and cost-effective policies, practices, rules and regulations
- Assist Team Leader to formulate the Project Steering Committee (chaired by Secretary of Health) and Project Technical Committee (Chaired by DG, DGNM) and coordinate/organize quarterly and semi-annual meetings;
- Assist to implement activities to strengthen the position of DGNM vis-à-vis MOHFW, MOF, MOPA and BPSC;
- Contribute to the development of Project Implementation Plan, Annual Work Plans and Progress Reports of the assigned Outcomes;
- Any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
- Master’s in Public Health/Social Science/Public Administration with HR related training/work experience preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience of working with GOB rules, regulations, processes dealing with negotiation, policy advocacy and dialogue in the health sector, expertise in organizational capacity building,
- Experience on recruitment rules and employment practices in Bangladesh health sector particularly with Nursing sector;
- Experience of working with MOHFW/DGNM and International organization is preferred
Candidates are encouraged to apply by May 28th, 2021 on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.