Monitoring and Evaluation Lead, UKAID Poverty Reduction Programme in Bangladesh (Field-Based)
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Cowater is seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation Lead for the UKAID Pathways to Prosperity for Extremely Poor People (PPEPP) project in Bangladesh funded by the FCDO. The PPEPP project will provide technical support and assistance aimed at facilitating the development of local markets to connect poor households to mainstream economic growth and coordinating policy initiatives at national and local government level to promote action on extreme poverty. The program will work in regions with large numbers of extremely poor people which are particularly vulnerable to climate change and other disasters. PPEPP will deliver results through four main components: (i) Market Systems Development, (ii) Social Protection / Life Cycle Grants, (iii) an Extreme Poverty Governance Facility and (iv) a Livelihoods, Community Mobilization and Nutrition delivered by an NGO implementing partner. The project will be overseen by a supplier managed Programme Management Unit (PMU).
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Monitoring and Evaluation Lead will be responsible for the design, set-up and operationalization of the MEL system to ensure the overall management of monitoring & learning of the programme. The Evaluation and Monitoring Lead will be responsible for developing appropriate tools, and providing technical inputs and recommendations for the effective design, implementation and on-going development of MEL processes and systems for the programme. The MEL System will ensure that consolidated programme level results from delivery partners are sent to FCDO in line with an agreed schedule (quarterly/six-monthly/annually) in the form of a progress report.
The key tasks for the Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Lead will be:
- Responsible for the design, establishment, and operationalization of an effective MEL system and framework;
- Lead the development of M&E systems for collecting and collating results for delivery partners;
- Lead the development of data collection techniques and tools, including working with external service providers to develop other relevant management information systems;
- Providing technical inputs and recommendations for the effective design, implementation and on-going development of MEL processes and systems;
- Lead the development of a central MEL workplan and support to budget preparation;
- Prepare templates for the preparation of quarterly progress updates;
- Lead the drafting of a programme MEL plan and manual;
- Contribute to the preparation of annual and quarterly workplans;
- Developing and maintaining effective donor communications as well as relationships with national project stakeholders that will facilitate implementation, and stimulate their on-going collaborative participation and commitment to the project;
- Facilitate the sharing of information and key findings through the project team and with stakeholders and the public as appropriate;
- Support project staff and consultants on MEL requirements, content, formats and frequencies and manage related project risks;
- Ensure timely and accurate data collection, collation and reporting of programme results;
- Identifying other stakeholders for achieving project results;
- Prepare monitoring and evaluation plan for project activities;
- Managing and maintaining the quality-of-service statistics data and prepare monthly performance report regularly;
- Oversee core members of the project team using the required M&E tools;
- Consolidation of data across the different technical components including:
- Market systems / value chain / private sector data
- Poverty and livelihoods Data
- Social protection and household poverty statistics
- Health, nutrition, disability, climate and gender and marginalisation statistics and data
- A Master’s degree in a field related to international development, social sciences, economics, and/or statistics, or fields related to performance improvement and management, public policy, aid.
- Formal training in monitoring and evaluation would be considered a strong asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience working on large scale ($10M+) complex multi-year donor funded programmes;
- Minimum of 10 years supporting M&E, reporting for results, project communication and project implementation;
- 5 years of experience implementing planning processes involving multi stakeholders;
- Experience in MIS and IT system design and development;
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative data management and analysis;
- Experience on managing and supervising large number of experts;
- Experience in development of MEL Framework & Learning Framework;
- Experience with the Donor Committee for Enterprise Development (DCED) monitoring and evaluation standards for private sector programmes and market systems programmes including results chain, theory of change, intervention logic, results attribution and impact monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in English essential.
- Experience of working in South East Asia and/or Bangladesh (desirable).
- Experience of managing UKAID and FCDO funded projects (desirable).
Employment conditions: The position is contingent upon contract award. This position is fulltime over the life of the programme and is Bangladesh-based.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by January 18, 2021/as soon as possible on our Career Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.