Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
Due to funder restrictions, support for accompanying partners/dependents is not available for this placement.
The Volunteer’s Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a program management professional to contribute to a regional nutrition project led by CARE Canada!!
Your role as the Program Management Advisor is to provide ongoing organizational and programmatic technical support to the four twinning partners based in Malawi, related to the delivery of their SANI twinning projects. You will support the organizations in their project management and delivery and to support the coordination of the SANI Twinning Initiative in Malawi, including coordination between projects and with CARE Malawi.
You will be based out of the office of the Coalition of Women Living with HIV (COWLHA) in Lilongwe, and with support from ICAD staff will develop a schedule to work on site and on field visits with the other three participating organizations in Malawi: Coalition for Women and Girls (CEWAG) (Lilongwe), National Association for People Living with HIV/AIDS in Malawi (NAPHAM) (Lilongwe) and Passion for Women and Children (PAWOC) (Mponela).
Apply to this placement today and help make a difference in Malawi!
As a volunteer, you will:
-Support communication between twinning partners, CARE Malawi and ICAD
-Support partners in the preparation of monthly narrative and financial reports to ICAD
-Support partners in designing and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities
-Accompany partners on field visits to monitor project implementation
-Support organizations in project implementation as needed (e.g. with material development)
-Support ICAD staff on monitoring visits
-Support organizations in resource mobilization/proposal development efforts
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Degree in International Development, Community Development, Public Health, Program Evaluation, or related field
Essential Professional Background:
-Experience working with community-based organizations
-Experience in project management and/or organizational development
-Knowledge of HIV and/or nutrition
-Familiarity with gender-based approaches
-Excellent communications skills
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months