|Job stage:||Upcoming Opportunity||Wage:||Commensurate with Experience|
|Position Type:||Consultant, Long Term, Full-Time|
Cowater is looking for an expert for an upcoming project as described below.
SUMMARY ABOUT THE PROJECT
The overall purpose of the project is to support the roll-out of the country’s Public Financial Management (PFM) reform strategy at the level of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation (MOALI), and to ensure its alignment with the core PFM reform led by the Ministry of Planning, Finance and Industry. The project will also support the delivery of results-based EU budget support to MOALI, i.e. by building the capacity of the Ministry to achieve the defined variable tranche indicators.
- Provide leadership to the Project Team, taking responsibility for the coordinated and efficient implementation across the different result areas and institutions involved;
- Coordinate the team members in collaborating with officials of Government of Myanmar (GoM) agencies and the EU Delegation (EUD) to facilitate the detailing of the activities, work-plan development and the roll-out of Myanmar’s PFM reform strategy at the level of the Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Irrigation;
- Assure the quality and timeliness of the work of the team members;
- Co-ordinate the recruitment and mobilization of non-key experts;
- Coordinate the preparation of inception/progress/final reports and other presentation materials, and monitor the timely submission of those;
- Act as communication focal person and update the EUD project manager and other stakeholders involved on a regular basis on the progress made and liaise with and between the different stakeholders when required.
- University degree (preferably at Master’s level) in economics, financial management, law, public administration or other relevant field.
- At least 12 years of experience in Programme and Project Management, of which at least 7 years of experience in Public Financial Management (PFM) programmes and projects;
- Evidence of experience in the implementation of Technical Assistance programmes with a focus on PFM reforms, covering assignments of similar complexity and nature that took place in the last 5 years;
- Previous experience with EU aid delivery modalities would be considered a strong asset;
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as Team Leader in the implementation of Technical Assistance programmes or projects in a developing or middle-income country context;
- Evidence of experience in supporting and monitoring the delivery of EU budget support in a developing or middle-income country context;
- Previous experience in the agricultural sector will be considered a strong asset;
- Previous experience in Southeast Asia will be considered an asset.
- Excellent command of oral and written English (C2 level);
- Full computer literacy and excellent reporting skills.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by May 23rd 2020.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 34 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, France, Pretoria, South Africa, and London, United Kingdom, Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.