CASID Regional Events - Ottawa, Halifax, Waterloo, Vancouver, Guelph, Chicoutimi, Montreal
The Canadian Association for the Study of International Development is pleased to support regional events in 2018. These events strive to bring students, academics, practitioners and the general public together to examine a variety of development issues.
- The Public Policy Summer School (April 30 - June 11) in Ottawa, Ontario bringing together 15 - 20 students to work with civil society organizations and public servants around research to policy communication issues (an initiative between Dalhousie and Ottawa U).
- International Development Week Conference at the University of Ottawa, February 5 - 10, bringing together practitioners, government officials and academics
- Dalhousie Students for Partners in Health (DSPIH) and the International Development Education and Awareness Society (IDEAS) will pre-screen a documentary on the DSPIH organization and invite academics, practitioners and community representatives to view the film and meet with the DSPIH Director.
- The Student Association of International Development (SAID), Faculty of Environment, University of Waterloo will be holding its annual International Development Conference bringing together undergraduate and graduates from Waterloo, high school students with an interest in the international development program and members of the community. This year’s conference will focus on Child Rights. It will be held on March 2 at the CIGI centre.
- The University of British Colombia (UBC) will receive support for its International Development Week conference on Gender Development in Vancouver on February 10, 2018.
- Graduate students from the Department of International Development and Political Science at Guelph University will be holding a one day conference on Rights, Justice and Inequality bringing together academics, practitioners and policy makers to explore contemporary issues with regards to rights justice and inequality, May 4, 2018.
- The University of Quebec, Chicoutimi plans a student conference on research in development bringing together students, teachers and practitioners on April 12, 2018.
- The University of Quebec in Montreal plans to hold a conference on the new dimensions of Canadian aid and the feminist agenda on Thursday, April 9, 2018.