- Over 20 years of senior level experience – and technical expertise – in the fields of education and education sector reform, social movements and social development, democracy and democratic governance, and crisis response and post-conflict reconstruction.
- Substantive knowledge and understanding of – and field experience in – the Arab world/Middle East and North Africa, including a specific focus on the Syria crisis sub-region; worked at global level capacity as well as in West and Central Africa and Afghanistan.
- Worked for fifteen years with UNICEF as senior adviser in education (in the Middle East and North Africa and West and Central Africa regions, as well as globally), and provided technical assistance to diverse institutions including CIDA, IDRC, UNESCO, USAID, the German international cooperation and several NGOs.
- Skills in conceptualization and design, strategic planning and management, needs assessment and evaluation, and leadership and teambuilding.
- Ability to work in diverse sociopolitical contexts and multicultural environments; developed sensitivity in communicating with various actors, in facilitating complex dialogues, and in representing official institutions.
- Established key networks in the international development community and led global and regional multi-disciplinary partnerships and teams constituted of diverse stakeholders from government and official institutions, bilateral and multilateral agencies to NGOs and development, research and academic bodies.
- Developed, and led the development of, multiple research, conceptual, policy, strategy and program documents.
- STUDIES: PhD in political sociology from the University of Hamburg in Germany; MA in political science from McGill University; BA in political science from the American University in Cairo.
- LANGUAGES: Fluent written and oral communication skills in Arabic (mother tongue), French (mother tongue), English and German.
Civil Society and Institutional Strengthening
Conflict Resolution, Peace and Security
Project Planning and Design