The International Development Days 2014 has sold out!
We apologise to those who might have been planning to buy a last minute ticket. There is still room available at the Public Event and Devex Reception on May 13 (click here to register). Please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and email address if you would like to be waitlisted in case tickets become available.
Thanks to all of you for making this years conference the biggest and best ever and we look forward to seeing you there.
Don’t miss the first joint Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) and Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC) Annual Conference!
“Redefining Development Partnerships: A New Role for Canadians in Global Equality and Cooperation”
May 13th – 15th 2014
Ottawa Convention Centre, ON
Register now and join us for three days of stimulating and engaging discussions, presentations and debates on some of the hottest issues in international development today. This conference will bring together NGOs, leading development experts, key policy makers and academics from Canada and abroad.
It will be an excellent opportunity to raise the profile of our sector and its important work, engage with various stakeholders, hear and learn from our Southern partners and further strengthen collaboration and partnership across the sector.
Promoting and embracing partnership is at the core of this conference. We are very excited that for the first time the Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) and the Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC) are hosting our annual conferences together. This collaboration allows members from each organization, as well as external participants, to network, engage in rich discussions, identify synergies, learn from each other’s diverse expertise, and gain a better understanding about current funding and contracting opportunities.
During the conference, participants will:
- Examine existing partnerships within Canadian and international aid and contracting environments;
- Explore different types of partnerships and identify the fundamental principles underlying their success;
- Take stock of emerging challenges and opportunities, and what they mean for our own partnerships;
- Identify tools and strategies to monitor, evaluate, and report-back on partnership impact
Conference Highlights Include:
- The Hon. Christian Paradis, MP, PC, Minister of International Development speaking on “Redefining partnership in the Canadian context”
- The Hon. Joe Clark in a keynote address on “Redefining Canadian foreign policy – a new role for Canadians in global equality and cooperation”
- Special plenary session featuring expert Southern panelists discussing “Partnerships in a changing global context”
- Dynamic public event debating “Canada Missing in Action? Evaluating Canada’s Role on the International Scene”
- Specialized breakout workshops designed to improve participant’s knowledge of partnerships and of the tools available, as well as the current aid environment and opportunities
For more information on the conference, please click on the links below:
- Concept Note for more information regarding the conference background
- Press Releases
- List of Sponsors
- Accomodations and Travel
- You can also contact the Conference Organizer, Ms. Nicole Alie at email@example.com or phone at (613) 241-7007 extension 321
- Registration for CAIDP Members including the traditional "combos"
- Registration for CCIC Members
- For non-CAIDP and non-CCIC Members, please click on either links above and follow registration for non-Members