Niagara College is a publicly-funded, post-secondary college established in 1967 and located in the Niagara Region of Ontario, Canada. The College presently delivers education and training to more than 10,000 full-time students and 15,000 part-time students at 3 Canadian campuses and its newest campus in Taif, Saudi Arabia.
- Accreditation: NC is accredited by the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities. The College’s ESL programs are accredited by Languages Canada.
- Provincial Standing: NC Canada (NC) is a leader in student satisfaction, consistently ranking Number One in Ontario for 8 of the past 10 years. NC also leads in graduate and employer satisfaction and boasts one of the highest graduate employment rates in Ontario.
- NC Academic Offerings: NC offers more than 100 post-secondary certificate, diploma and graduate certificate programs, apprenticeship programs, and four-year bachelor’s degree programs in International Commerce and Global Development and Hospitality Operations Management.
Niagara College deploys its expertise and experience though its management of international education, capacity building and development projects for public and private sector clients. Specifically, NC has conceptualized, developed and delivered more than 50 international capacity building and technical training projects to clients in more than 16 countries in 9 technical specialty areas including: competency-based education and training programs; gender mainstreaming, results-based management and outcome mapping; access for non-traditional learners; mentoring for students and young professionals going overseas; vocational training in tourism and hospitality; entrepreneurship training; community economic development; environmental sustainability. Over its 20 year history, the international department has executed international capacity building and technical training projects with an aggregate value of C$50M. In addition to operating 3 campuses in Canada, NC has and continues to deliver business training and industrial development operations support to public and private sector clients in the following countries:
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: NC is operating its newest campus in Taif and Makkah focused on tourism and hospitality, technology, and business. NC provides a Foundation Year and integrates classroom learning within Learning Enterprises and work experience in business and industry.
- Kingdom of Saudi Arabia: NC delivers office administration training at King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Centre as part of its capacity building and Saudization mandate.
- Americas: Niagara has built institutional capacity and trained TVET staff through projects focused on institution building, curriculum development & instructional delivery.
- Caribbean: NC is delivered a 3-year project to help Excelsior Community College in Jamaica to develop a Logistics Management cluster, including Supply Chain Management, Strategic Procurement/Asset Management, Warehousing/Distribution and Transportation Logistics
- Sub-Saharan Africa: NC has designed/delivered numerous projects in sustainable development, hospitality and tourism and college capacity-building
- Asia: NC has developed linkages in hospitality and tourism training, built college capacity and strengthened systems through institutional audits, training programs and process mapping.