Universalia is a management consulting firm. Universalia has been helping clients improve the performance of their organizations, their programs, and their people since 1980.
- We work with public and private sector clients all over the world.
- We specialize in monitoring and evaluation, strategic management, results-based management, institutional and organizational performance assessment, capacity building and project management.
- We provide realistic solutions that meet clients’ objectives and budgets; that fit their vision, culture, and structure; and that can be implemented in their own environment.
- We are committed to sharing knowledge to improve the quality and the efficiency of our client’s projects, organisations and services.
Universalia’s headquarters are located in Montreal.
- We have over twenty permanent staff and a global network of associates.
- We work in more than 120 countries.
- We work in English, French, German, Spanish, Amharic, Turkish, Serbo-Croatian, Kiswahili, Mandarin and Arabic.
Active, Engaged, Committed:
Universalia is a values-based and mission-driven private sector organization working in the field of development (both domestically and internationally), committed to the realization of the highest human ideals as embodied by United Nations Agenda 2030.
Founded in 1980 by visionaries with a commitment to organizational effectiveness in the interest of the public good, Universalia remains today as ever committed to their vision, underpinned by a set of values that unites the organization's Board, management team, staff and network of associates. Universalia actively works to make a difference through the support offered to clients in building our shared sustainable and equitable future. Precisely because of our client and portfolio profile, Universalia has a huge multiplier potential, which it carries with responsibility and accountability. We thrive in bringing meaningful and actionable support to the development community of which we are a part.
Active, engaged and committed, Universalia is guided by the values of excellence, equity, diversity, respect, collaborative teamwork, and innovative problem-solving.
We would like to acknowledge that Universalia's headquarters, located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, are based on Tiohtia:ke, the traditional and unceded Indigenous territory of both the Kanien'kehá:ka, "Mohawk", and the Anishinabeg, "Algonquin", peoples. Tiohtia:ke is historically a place of encounters, connections, exchanges and creativity. We recognize and celebrate this territory and traditions and we are thankful to have the opportunity to live and create here.
- Excellence: We are driven to provide the highest quality of support, striving to exceed client expectations for value and services, holding ourselves to the highest professional ideals in our fields.
- Equity: Our approach, work and effort are grounded in a commitment to making the world more just and equitable.
- Diversity: Our teams and workplace reflect the diversity of the global community in which we live and act.
- Respect: We respect each other, our clients, the communities with whom we engage, and the world in which we live.
- Collaborative Teamwork: We cultivate a collaborative working environment, anchored in teamwork and mutual accountability.
- Innovative Problem-Solving: We actively seek new, innovative solutions for improving our systems, approaches and ways of working both internally and externally.