Administrative Officer, SEED, HQ
Primary duties shall involve assisting Project Directors/Project Managers (PM/PD) with project, proposal and corporate activities.
The work will involve administrative support to ongoing projects and upcoming opportunities, under the guidance of Project Directors/Managers responsible for the interventions. This work shall be carried out by project teams with the employee functioning as Administrative Officer.
Cowater's project work is almost entirely related to projects located in developing countries and overseas. Consequently, travel to these countries may be required for carrying out specific project assignments.
- Proofread project documents, reports and proposals for ease of reading, spelling and grammar.
- Prepare charts and figures in support of reports and proposals.
- Assist in the preparation of letters or expressions of interest.
- Assist in the preparation of schedules and planning documents.
- Assist the Project Managers in ensuring all reports are prepared and submitted to the Client according to the contract and in a timely manner.
- Format, design and prepare documents for printing, copying, and uploading online (including accessibility checks), upon final approval of the Director/Manager.
- Schedule and assist with report or proposal production and binding when necessary.
Coordination and Logistics
- Assist with ensuring that all project administrative activities are coordinated effectively.
- Assist with scheduling.
- Assist with correspondence with project staff, partners, and suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of letters or expressions of interest.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including booking flights and obtaining visas as required for personnel and consultants and provide all related logistical support.
- Coordinate and provide logistical support for event preparation, conference attendance, Study Tours, and counterpart visits.
- Provide administrative support to long-term field personnel.
- Draft contracts (for approval by Project Manager/Director) for project personnel and subcontractor organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date lists of contact numbers and coordinates for personnel.
- Work closely with Directors/Managers to draft and/or revise all contracts and contract amendments, ensuring they are in line with the program’s objectives.
- Maintain the national staff list up-to-date, including keeping record of new employees and employees’ termination, and all other related information.
- Follow-up on contract anniversary dates, performance appraisals, salary increases, etc.
- Work closely with the PM/PD to ensure that salaries are in line with approved budgets and Cowater’s policies.
- Liaise with personnel in the field to obtain all contract-related documents.
- Assist the Project Financial Officer in liaising with consultants (when applicable) on submission of timesheets, expense claims, invoices, deliverables, etc., and respond to inquiries as required.
- Ensure consultants have the required insurance coverage while working on projects and ensure proof of insurance is on file.
- Organize and arrange orientation for new project team members, especially Team Leaders, in consultation with the Project Director/Manager.
- Working with the Project Financial Officer, assist Project Directors/Managers with procurement by gathering the required competitive quotes and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
Filing and Maintenance of Archives
- Maintain up-to-date project and proposal files.
- Support data entry and the generation of reports for monitoring and reporting to the client.
- Maintain files and archives, both hard copy and electronic, as requested and per corporate standards.
- Ensure that corporate archival material is forwarded for retainment as required.
- Construct and manage databases, prepare computer spreadsheets and/or charts and graphics, as well as PowerPoint presentations in support of the above tasks.
- Gather information, via the Internet or other means, in support of projects or proposals as may be required and as requested by the Project Director/Manager.
- Assist with preparation of corporate planning and forecasts, as required.
- Assist team members with SharePoint and computer software procedures.
- Assist Project Financial Officers with financial reports, budgets, narrative variances, reports and RFQs, as required.
- A bachelor degree or college diploma in business administration or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 5 years working in a similar environment with similar responsibilities.
- Advanced Microsoft Word (formatting – section breaks, table of contents, inserting PDF’s, etc.), Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- High proficiency in English. Bilingual (English and French) at an advanced level is considered an asset.
- Quality assurance (accurate, precise, thorough, complete, attention to detail).
- Volume of work (quantity, speed).
- Timeliness (meet deadlines, generally handle duties in an efficient and timely manner).
- Multi-tasking (prioritizing and juggling various tasks effectively).
- Ability to sustain a pro-active approach to problem-solving (managing and structuring a range of responsibilities without close supervision)
- Presentation of documents and ensuring reports are of high quality.
- Helpful / positive attitude / diplomatic.
- Has breadth of knowledge and interest in international development projects.
- Exceptional organizational skills (working to deadlines and under pressure, prioritising workload, multi-tasking, tidy and efficient workspace and electronic files).
- Good attendance / punctuality.
Language Proficiency: High proficiency in English is essential (written, comprehension and verbal communication)
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.