Bilingual Communications Specialist
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: November 20, 2021
Position: Bilingual Communications Specialist, (French/English)
Location: Calgary, AB or Gatineau, QC
Reports to: Vice President & Managing Director
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Committed to Inclusivity and Diversity: Alinea provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants based on merit.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
About the Opportunity
This parental leave contract position will add to communications capacities at both Alinea’s project and corporate levels. The successful candidate will lead the Climate Change Communications Advisory portfolio on Canada’s new Climate Action in Africa Project; provide communications support to other donor-funded projects; and tell Alinea’s story of creating positive global impact through a variety of corporate communications products, platforms and activities.
- Design and implement strategic communications and stakeholder engagement plans for donor-funded international development projects;
- Develop communications materials and stakeholder engagement tools, curate content from the field, conduct stakeholder engagement in Canada and in the field, organize and facilitate stakeholder engagement and profile-raising events, among other activities;
- Curate content from Alinea’s project roster to develop corporate-level communications materials to feed a variety of platforms, including the website, social media channels and profile-raising events, among other communications mediums;
- Ensure Alinea brand compliance across project and corporate communications products, platforms and activities;
- Ensure project and corporate communications products, platforms and activities comply with the Alinea Communications Policy and donor communications policies.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree (Bachelor or equivalent in Journalism, Communications, Public Policy or relevant discipline);
- Minimum of eight years of working experience in news media, strategic communications, policy communications, or stakeholder relations;
- Demonstrated experience leading the design and implementation of complex strategic communications and stakeholder engagement plans;
- Demonstrated experience producing communications products and stakeholder engagement tools for distribution over a variety of platforms and to support stakeholder engagement and profile-raising events;
- Demonstrated relevant experience working in the context of international development;
- Fluency in English and French with a demonstrated ability to write for a variety of platforms, develop a variety of communications products and stakeholder engagement tools, and speak in both languages.
- Experience working on multi-year donor-funded international development projects, particularly expert deployment projects;
- Experience engaging government, NGOs and the private sector in Africa, Canadian Embassies and High Commissions, climate change networks, or other relevant experience;
- Experience engaging Canadian technical expertise across a variety of sectors, including climate change;
- Experience engaging diverse communities across Canada in Canadian international assistance efforts;
- Media relations in both Canadian and international contexts is an asset.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 20, 2021. Please include the position title in your subject line and state your approximate salary expectations as an annual rate, $CAD.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com