Bilingual (EN/FR) Project Finance Officer
Bilingual (FR/ENG) Project Finance Officer
*** NB: Applicants must already have a valid permit to work in Canada. ***
Summary of position
Cowater has an immediate permanent opening in their Finance Team for its headquarters in Ottawa, Canada, for a Bilingual (French & English) Project Finance Officer able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. The Bilingua; Finance Officer must possess a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, must have excellent communication and organizational skills, must be proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word), and must have previous experience with an accounting software.
The Bilingual Finance Officer duties will include the following:
Monthly review of various projects:
- Financial administration of active projects according to project contracts.
- Verify and code international travel expense reports. Review project expense reports and transactions from field offices overseas, convert expenditures into Canadian dollars as required, and post into head office accounting records.
- Prepare bank reconciliation(s) for project bank account(s).
- Prepare financial reports as required under the contracts with Clients, including, but not limited to, quarterly and annual financial reports, budget variance reports, statements of eligible expenditures, etc. Work with Project Managers on narrative variance reporting.
- Closely monitor expenditures against project budgets.
- Work with Project Managers to prepare modifications to budgets and sub-project budgets.
- Work with Project Managers to manage and administer project-specific advance funds.
- Prepare invoices and advance requests. Follow up as needed.
End of month:
Prepare Monthly and quarterly financial reporting.
- Analyze variances from forecasts and budget.
- Analyze trial balances.
- Review field office reports.
- Ensure all items from monthly closing checklist are completed.
Quarterly forecasts and annual budget:
- Conduct quarterly and annual project financial projections.
- Undergraduate university degree in Accounting or related field.
- CPA designation would be considered as an asset.
- English and French are a must. Spanish is an asset
- Must be eligible to obtain the Government of Canada’s reliability status clearance level.
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in a similar position.
- Must be fluently bilingual in English and French.
- Knowledge of a third language is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills specifically with Excel.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of GAAP reporting will be considered an asset.
'*** NB: Applicants must already have a valid permit to work in Canada. ***
Candidates are welcomed to apply as soon as possible, and by Monday November 2nd via this link : https://cowatercrcsogema.acquiretm.com/job_details_clean.aspx?id=1817.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as follows: Candidate Last Name, First Name, Date, Title of the position.
Thank you for your interest in this position but only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.