Bilingual (FR&EN) Team Leader
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Cowater International is preparing for an upcoming opportunity focusing on managing and overseeing delivery of the UK Sahel Flexible Fund (SFF) in Mali, East Sector (Gao Region). The programme aims to promote greater stability, reduced violence and increased human security, aligned to the aims of the UN peacekeeping mission to Mali (MINUSMA) to which the UK has deployed 300 troops, through the commissioning and managing of local stabilisation projects in Sector East (Gao region Mali). The programme will provide technical assistance to help the client to deliver an integrated approach to stabilisation.
The programme is expected to start in 2021 for a period of 30 months.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Team Leader will lead overall implementation of the Programme. S/he will be responsible for representing the programme, building and maintaining strong working relationships with the client and relevant stakeholders, including government counterparts. The Team Leader will provide management and leadership of the core team, and responsible for the effective delivery, on time and within budget.
- Provide strategic advice on stabilisation to the British Embassy Bamako and CSSF Governance board
- Manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively build and maintain engagement with local government, key partners and CSOs
- Provide strategic direction to the programme and drive the overall implementation, ensuring a politically informed approach is embedded
- Ensure contractual deliverables are met, and to anticipate any delays that may occur in a timely manner, identifying risks and providing solutions
- Lead the development and implementation of the programme’s approach to research of new stabilisation interventions
- Lead the recruitment and contracting of local partners
- Manage, lead and oversee team (long and short-term staff)
- Ensure compliance with safeguarding, security, and other policies
- Regular reporting to Cowater Project Director
- Apply conflict-sensitive implementation approach including in the risk management
Education: A relevant professional qualification or graduate degree
- Culturally sensitive and aware of the context and dynamics in Mali
- Established relationships with CSOs and state authorities in Mali and the wider Sahel
- Experience in coordination and demonstrable ability to draw together and work with a variety of diverse stakeholders, including communities, cross-government departments, multinational agencies and development partners
- Sectoral expertise preferred (governance, peacebuilding, CSOs capacity building)
- Experience working on long-lasting peace-building methodologies, with the ability to act as a key interface with community leaders, local and national governments, civil society groups and the private sector
- Excellent communication skills in English and French (speaking and writing)
- Experience in mainstreaming conflict sensitivity, gender sensitivity, a Do No Harm approach, and the WPS agenda into programme design and implementation
- Proven leadership in the design, management and implementation of FCDO programs with a prior experience as a Team Leader with the FCDO (or any of its predecessors)
- Malian nationals, and individuals with experience in Mali/Sahel, highly encouraged to apply and knowledge of local languages is an asset.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Careers Page here.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.