Bilingual Project Director
Position: Bilingual Project Director (Canadian)
Location: Canada based
LOE in Person days: 540, (average of 135 days per year for 4 years)
Alinea is a global international development consultancy. We provide technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to deliver lasting change. Over the past 34 years, we have managed more than 515 projects in 88 countries.
Alinea is currently recruiting a Bilingual Project Director, (Canada based) for the DFATD-funded project, Technical Assistance Program – Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM).
With its vast network of missions abroad, the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development (DFATD) interacts daily with governments around the world that often request niche Canadian expertise to assist them in addressing the public sector policy and institutional capacity gaps they face as they advance toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
DFATD is establishing the Technical Assistance Partnership - Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM) to facilitate the provision of strategic, short-term Canadian technical assistance in response to the expressed needs of national entities in Official Development Assistance (ODA)-eligible countries. TAP-EDM’s technical assistance toolkit will address needs in areas aligned with the FIAP, and do so in a manner consistent with aid effectiveness principles and the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. The Project will also contribute to promoting Canadian values, increasing Canada’s visibility, and projecting Canadian leadership globally, while advancing Canada’s international assistance policy, foreign policy, and trade relation interests.
The Project Director will be based in Canada and have overall management responsibility for the Project. The Project Director will represent the Contractor at the highest level and will oversee the strategic direction for the Project. The specific responsibilities of the Project Director include the following:
- Provide overall management and strategic direction to ensure that project results in the Logic Model are being achieved on time and within budget;
- Establish and maintain good working relationships and partnerships with key senior-level stakeholders, inter alia: DFATD, national government entities, and participating Canadian organizations in the private and public sectors, civil society and academia;
- Provide overall direction to the project team, including the Project Manager, Communication and Public Engagement Manager, and Project Coordinator, and other ad hoc staff;
- Oversee the preparation of the Project Implementation Plan (PIP), Performance Measurement Framework, risk register, annual and semi-annual reports, annual work plans, TA mandate work plans;
- Anticipate high-level risks and issues, and address them in a timely and effective fashion to ensure the achievement of results;
- Represent the Contractor in senior-level project meetings (such as Project Steering Committee meetings) or delegate as appropriate;
- Ensure the effective and transparent procurement and financial practices, procedures and reporting, including specific to the Responsive Technical Assistance Fund;
- Liaise and report to the DFATD technical authority on a regular basis and as required for the successful implementation of the project; and
- Provide senior level technical and project management advice on project matters to recipient national government entities, DFATD participating missions, and DFATD Headquarters.
- Must be bilingual, (French and English)
- Possess a Master degree in engineering or social sciences (for example, business administration, public administration, human resources, law, economics, industrial relations, or international development).
- Have at least 4 years of relevant work experience in each function of the following, in the context of the execution of multi-year complex international development projects, including:
- Representing an organization in the capacity of CEO and/or other C-level designation;
- High-level strategic project planning;
- Oversight of project implementation;
- Management oversight of human and financial resources, including procurement, progress and financial reporting.
- Leading multi-year complex international development projects related to public sector reform and governmental institutional capacity-building. Projects focused on one or more of Canada’s FIAP action areas would be an asset.
- Experience in managing relations, at senior level, with local and government stakeholders and with government national entities.
- CV must include training, publications, and research related to:
- international project management
- public policy
- public administration
- institutional capacity development
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line, and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, CAD, inclusive of benefits.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com