Communications and Public Engagement Manager
*** Candidates must be able to work in Canada to be considered for this position***
Cowater is seeking a Communications and Public Engagement Manager for an upcoming technical assistance facility funded by the Government of Canada
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Cowater is seeking a Communications and Public Engagement Manager for an active proposal. The Candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery, and management of program communications and engagement activities, working with partners and clients in a number of different countries. The position will be full-time and Canada based with some international travel required.
- Lead in the coordination and development of engagement and communications activities including development of print and audio-visual materials, event organization, social media communications, website oversight, and other activities;
- Develop and execute a Communication and Public Engagement Plan;
- Collaborate with the rest of the project team to integrate public engagement objectives into project;
- Assist in communicating and developing public engagement tools, tips and advice;
- Identify relevant success stories and case studies for dissemination;
- Work with the project team, Global Affairs Canada, and participating Canadian missions abroad to coordinate communication activities with local stakeholders in partner countries.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant discipline (business, economics, political science, international relations, international development, etc.);
- A professional designation or accreditation or additional education is considered an asset.
- 3 or more years of experience working on communications and public engagement activities with international development programming;
- Experience in implementing and supporting Communications Strategies and/or Public Engagement Strategies;
- Previous experience working with Global Affairs Canada funded programming is preferred;
- Previous experience on large, multi-year international development projects is preferred.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience delivering and overseeing social media-based engagement and communications activities;
- Experience in knowledge sharing and dissemination, including through communications activities and event organization;
- Experience in written and audio-visual communications material development;
- Experience developing and overseeing websites;
- Procurement of communications services and contracts;
- Fluency in English and/or French is mandatory.
Employment conditions: Full-time position.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by November 20, 2020 via this link : Communications and Public Engagement Manager
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as follows: Candidate Name, Title of the position.
Thank you for your interest in this position but only candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.