Consultancy (RFP), Creative and Cultural Industries Value Mapping, Philippines
Introduction to CTIF
The Canadian Trade and Investment Facility for Development is a seven-year, CAD $11.6 million demand-driven program aligned with Canada's Feminist International Assistance Policy (FIAP) to support sustainable trade and investment-related policy reforms and economic development initiatives that promote women's empowerment and inclusive growth and have a high potential to reduce poverty in ODA-eligible developing countries in the Asia-Pacific region. CTIF provides technical assistance based on the needs identified by potential beneficiaries and according to an assessment process jointly administered by the CTIF team and Global Affairs Canada (GAC). Technical assistance is provided by independent suppliers that specialize in the specific services being requested by the beneficiary. Cowater International (www.cowater.com) and the Institute of Public Administration of Canada (www.ipac.ca) jointly implement CTIF on behalf of the Government of Canada.
Consultancy title: Creative and Cultural Industries Value Mapping (the Philippines)
*** Interested bidders must possess the corporate capabilities ***
Beneficiary Organization: Creative Economy Council of the Philippines
Anticipated duration: 10 months
Anticipated start date: October 2021
Location of assignment: Consultant's Home Office (remote TA)
Summary of assignment: CTIF was requested to provide technical assistance to the Creative Economy Council (CECP) of the Philippines to complement the secondary data collection work being conducted by the CECP as part of the national-level mapping project. A Consultant will work with the CECP to design, pilot, and roll out CECP’s Analytical Framework and Toolkit for Creative and Cultural Industries Value Mapping.
Terms of Reference: See information on Service Providers - Canadian Trade and Investment Facility for Development (C-TIF) (c-tif.ca)
Maximum budget, excluding HST
Consultant Profile / Expertise Required
The Consultant best suited to delivering this CTIF mandate will offer a team of experts who together possess the following profiles, experience and/or capabilities. Other team members or capabilities may be proposed by the Consultant in addition to those provided below.
- A senior-level Monitoring and Evaluation expert, with experience in the design of research and quantitative/qualitative data collection methodologies or frameworks intended to generate policy-relevant insight and recommendations for the government.
- An arts and culture specialist with expertise and international experience advising governments on policy measures and programming initiatives focused on supporting and growing creative industries such as heritage, visual and performing arts, and gastronomy, and those that work within them.
- Capability to provide advice on the integration of gender equality and social inclusion and/or environmental sustainability considerations into research methodologies and policy.
- Corporate experience undertaking the design and delivery of large-scale research projects in similar contexts, ideally in Southeast Asia. Experience in undertaking similar work in the Philippines is an advantage.
- Capability to develop clear and engaging reports and knowledge sharing tools and products in English such as PowerPoint decks, infographics.
- Corporate experience developing and conducting remote training interventions using a variety of effective and engaging tools and techniques including but not limited to modern information and communications technologies.
Corporate experience delivering TA through donor-funded projects in one or more ASEAN countries.
Proposal submission deadline: October 16, 2021, 5pm EST
The above description is a summary of the RFP - to access the complete document please formulate your request at email@example.com via the following link (https://c-tif.ca/service-providers/).
*** Applications sent via our Career Page will not be considered ***.
With more than 35 years' experience, Cowater International is Canada's global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, France, Pretoria, South Africa, and London, United Kingdom, Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.