La version française se trouve sur notre site web: https://www.alineainternational.com/opportunities/coordinateur%c2%b7trice-de-projet-bilingue-bilingual-project-coordinator/
Application Deadline: August 14, 2022
Position: Canadian Project Coordinator (Bilingual French/English)
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Gatineau, Quebec
Reports to: TAP-EDM Project Director
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
- A cover letter is mandatory to be considered. Your cover letter should describe how you would be a fit for this position, your availability and your approximate salary expectations as an annual rate, C$.
- Include Project Coordinator in the subject line.
- Email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
About Alinea International Ltd.
At Alinea International we value equity, diversity and inclusivity in everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer opposed to all forms of discrimination. We actively seek and encourage applications from people of diverse backgrounds recognizing that an inclusive workforce enriches our organisation and achieves smarter, more innovative results.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
Reporting to the Technical Assistance Partnership – Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP – EDM), Project Director and Office Managers, the Coordinator will oversee all project administration and logistical duties and will liaise as needed with key project stakeholders based in Canada and abroad. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure that all logistical arrangements are in place for the project team and contracted Canadian Experts (CEs) including transportation and accommodation, visas, and pre-deployment packages;
- Ensure that project expenditures are properly documented;
- Provide administrative and technical support services for the project and establish and maintain efficient administrative systems including filing and inventory;
- Coordinate and provide support on recruitment of key personnel and procurement of goods and services, as needed;
- Prepare contracts for consultants and CEs and conduct audits of resulting timesheets, expense claims and invoices;
- Provide reporting support to the Project Director and Project Managers, including administrative services, formatting and auditing, reviewing, and submission, as needed;
- Act as Team Administrative Support for full team and TAP Leadership Team meetings;
- Provide administrative support to the project core teams and Project Directors and provide guidance on administrative processes to CE including supporting their onboarding process; and,
- Respond to inquiries from stakeholders within a defined time period.
Academic Qualifications and Demonstrated Experience:
- The proposed individual must have at least a higher education (college, university) degree or certificate in any related discipline.
- An accounting or financial designation an asset.
- 2 years experience coordinating logistics for a multi-year and multi-country project sending Canadians abroad.
- 5+ years of experience in administrative assistant, accountant, logistics support or similar position.
- Excellent organization skills and demonstrated use of management tools to stay on top of a large number of tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently
- High level of attention to detail
- Bilingual – Fluency in French and English is required
- Experience in formatting documents of length up to 100+ pages
- A strong skill set in MS Office is required, particularly in MS Word, Excel and Outlook and PowerPoint.
- The individual must also possess strong communication and collaboration skills – a team player that readily supports other organizational members and members of their project team(s).
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com