Director of Operations and Research - FCDO Evidence Fund
Cowater International is looking to identify candidates for the upcoming FCDO Evidence Fund opportunity.
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The Evidence Fund seeks to deliver accessible high-quality research, evaluation and evidence products targeting policy, country specific and regional priorities available for use by FCDO and the international development sector. This will be achieved through a coherent and integrated approach to research and evaluation across three regions: East Africa, the Middle East and North Africa, and South Asia.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Director of Operations and Research will be responsible for and oversee all activities of the Evidence Fund management team bringing together the strategic vision with the operational implementation to ensure successful performance and delivery of outputs and results. They will bring significant expertise to guide the senior management team in their responsibilities to help maximise impact and value.
- International portfolio and supplier management experience at a senior level, particularly in relation to strategic leadership and delivering donor development funds (essential);
- Proven experience bringing together portfolio vision with operational delivery across number of sub-suppliers, delivery components and countries; and
- Experience in at least two of the three regions (East Africa, MENA, South Asia) (desirable).
- Expertise in the management and delivery of research, evidence and evaluation including ensuring effective quality assurance and peer review;
- Strong track record of managing delivery of suppliers through commercial mechanisms/frameworks;
- Strong track record of managing risk, and adaptive and flexible approaches to delivery in complex portfolios; and
- Expertise in working cross-sectors, bringing together political, economic and development issues.
Employment conditions: Full-time, ideally located in Nairobi or London, with travel to MENA and South Asia, but flexible for the right candidate.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Career Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.