Field Project Manager, Public Administration Reform and Institutional Development
Cowater is seeking a Field Project Manager for a Global Affairs Canada-funded proposal focusing on Public Administration Reform and Institutional Development in Peru.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Cowater is seeking a Field Project Manager for the upcoming Global Affairs Canada-funded MODSERV project in Peru. The 4-year MODSERV project will work to improve national, regional and local civil services in Peru, including at the regional government level. The position will be full-time and Peru-based.
- A Master's Degree in a relevant discipline (organizational development, public administration, or another related disciple);
- Additional training and education experience in the following fields will be considered an asset (Results-based- management, Project management, Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment, Environment, Inclusion, Procurement, Quality Assurance)
- At least 5 years of experience as a Project Manager (or equivalent) for programming related to public administration reform or institutional modernization in a developing country context and of a high total budget (3 million CAD or more);
- Significant experience working with various types of stakeholders to implement development programming;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing teams on international development programming, with experience in Latin America being a significant asset;
- At least 3 years of experience in the procurement and sourcing of goods and services for projects worth at least 4 million CAD (including, but not limited to, rental of office spaces, office furnishings, financial services, HR services and professional services)
- Substantial experience in developing, implementing and using Results Based Management and Risk Management tools;
- Substantial experience integrating cross-cutting themes such as Gender Equality, inclusion, and the environment into programming;
- Language Requirements: Fluency in Spanish and a professional proficiency in either English or French;
- Previous experience working with Global Affairs Canada funded programming is preferred;
- The ideal candidate will have experience implementing and overseeing international development programming in Peru.
- Supervising all local staff and ad-hoc specialists based in Peru and ensure effective project delivery;
- Managing day-to-day operations including overseeing the financial management, as well as Project assets in the field;
- Providing strategic management and administration to the local team;
- Coordinating technical assistance activities with other relevant donor-funded initiatives in Peru, and identify and promote opportunities for synergies;
- Coordinating a results-based management (RBM) approach and verifying the integration of the cross-cutting issues of GE, inclusion and environment within all activities;
- Source and hire local ad-hoc technical specialists with relevant skills, qualifications and competencies to deliver on results in a timely manner;
- Validate the sourcing of goods and services, financial services, procedures and reporting in an effective and transparent manner;
Employment conditions: The position is full-time and based in Lima, with intermittent regional travel within Peru required. Only applicants who are legally able to reside and work in Peru will be considered.
*In your CV and Cover Letter please clearly Indicate how your experience meets the Key Qualification Requirements.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Career Page. The deadline for applications is February 4, 2021 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years' experience, Cowater International is Canada's global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.