Finance and Admin Officer (National)
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Field Support Services Project (FSSP)-Myanmar is a five-year project (March 2021 – March 2026), which provides administrative, financial, procurement, and logistical services as well as support to the in-country development programming for the Government of Canada through the provision of technical specialists in gender, health, governance, and human rights/peace and security, and conflict sensitivity, and assisting DFATD in procuring and managing local development initiatives.
FSSP is currently looking for a Finance and Admin Officer to support for delivery of administrative, financial, procurement, and logistics services provided by the FSSP. The position reports to the FSS Project Manager.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Based in Yangon and under the direct supervision of the FSS Project Manager, the Finance and Admin Officer is responsible for delivery of logistical, procurement, administrative and financial services provided by the FSSP and provides specific support to the FSS Project Manager and the FSSP LDI Fund Coordinator.
The duties and responsibilities of the Finance and Admin Officer include:
- Ensuring proper maintenance of the record keeping and filing system of the FSSP;
- Providing advice on obtaining permanent accommodation, utilities, security, permits and other official documents;
- If required, facilitating or advising on local government documentation requirements, visa and work permit processes and other related services such as arranging for security, and accommodation;
- Ensuring the administration of the roster of Technical Specialists;
- Supporting the administration of contracts coordinated by the FSS Project Manager;
- Supporting the processing of FSSP personnel files;
- Managing accommodation reservations, room reservations and other needs for the projects of the program;
- Maintaining an information management system for all electronic and paper information of the FSSP;
- Assisting with travel and logistical arrangements for Technical Specialists and other beneficiaries;
- Managing the process of providing administrative services, including but not limited to document production and binding, translation and interpretation services;
- Managing the process of providing logistical services such as arranging vehicle rentals, travel arrangements, event and mission planning and management, etc., as required;
- Supporting procurement services of goods and services, including but not limited to the procurement of Technical Specialists through local and international competitive processes;
- Coordinating audits of LDI, if required;
- Administering and monitoring the financial system in order to ensure that the project finances are maintained in an accurate and timely manner;
- Maintaining the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of project funds;
- Administering timely payments to suppliers, contractors and Technical Specialists;
- Administering payments under the Local Development Initiatives;
- Tracking and monitoring project expenses in accordance with the approved project budget;
- Preparing Financial and Procurement Reports;
- Preparing budgets and reviewing partners' financial Reports;
- Developing and managing the reporting and invoicing for services rendered;
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of DFATD financial policies and regulations;
- Providing financial advice related to local laws and regulations, banking institutions, the reasonableness of estimated expenses for products or services in the Recipient Country to support compliance with DFATD financial policies and regulations;
- Accounting and financial reconciliation services;
- If required, conduct the cash-counts to ensure that cash balance and cash book balance agreed;
- Providing any other finance or administrative-related services, as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Professional study diploma (DEP) or administrative technique; or related fields.
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience, including but not limited to procurement services, financial services and reporting, and maintaining an information management system;
- General knowledge of the MS Office suite, Quickbooks, and in-depth knowledge of Excel;
- Good time management, ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines;
- Experience with payroll system;
- Diplomacy and professionalism in all communication with clients;
- Organization and attention to detail;
- Autonomy and ability to work in a team;
- Adherence to the principles of equality between women and men is essential; and
- Full working proficiency in English (written and spoken).
All applications for the position of Finance and Admin Officer are to be submitted by June 3rd, 2021 through our website with a cover letter and CV detailing relevant experience and qualifications, and three referees.
***Please note that only applications from Myanmar nationals will be considered.***
Cowater welcomes and encourages applications from women and people with disabilities.Applications will be assessed as they are received.We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years' experience, Cowater International is Canada's global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.