Finance and Administration Manager (National)
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership towards an Inclusive Society (AIPTIS) is Australia’s flagship investment in gender equality, disability and social inclusion (GEDSI) in Indonesia. The partnership will contribute to Australia’s efforts to support Indonesia’s stability and prosperity. AIPTIS is an evolution of Australia’s long running commitment to gender equality, disability and social inclusion and builds on the gains already made while responding to the new challenges arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Development Goal of AIPTIS is that more Indonesian women and marginalised groups equitably participate in and benefit from Indonesia's social, economic, and political opportunities.
Successful change will include the following End of Program Outcomes (EOPOs) which will be validated and/or updated during the inception phase based on the finalisation of the design and the refinement of the Program Logic:
- Selected national and sub-national government policies and programs are implemented in ways that enable greater economic opportunities and access to services for women and marginalised groups.
- Improved policy and regulatory environment for Civil Society Organisation (CSO) partners working on gender equality, disability and social inclusion.
- Changing social norms and attitudes towards gender equality, disability and social inclusion amongst Indonesian communities, leaders and institutions in relation to issues and locations within AIPTIS’ reach and scope.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible to provide high-level financial and administrative services to the AIPTIS Program. This includes processing and monitoring budget, payments and expenditures, banking, electronic payments and funds transfer, funds requests, taxation, internal audit support, financial policy development, payroll, general admin and secretarial, and facilitate month-end processes. Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that project finances and administrative are accurate and up to date, in accordance with the procedures and guidelines laid out in the AIPTIS Operations Manual.
Period of Assignment: May 1st, 2021 – April 30th, 2022 (1 year) and could possibly be extended.
Reports to: Head of Operations and Grants
Under the overall direction of the Head of Operations and Grants (HoOG), the FAM will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Develop external relationships with relevant contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as DFAT and partners;
- Produce accurate financial reports to meet specific deadlines;
- Manage AIPTIS budgets;
- Ensure all budgets and advances are approved by the HoOG prior to the travel and not double counted. Acquit field trip advance in a timely manner and ensure approval by the HoOG;
- Ensure all payments of travel and accommodation are accompanied by TL/HoOG approved travel request form;
- Oversee per diem preparation, and disbursement in a timely manner, record and track per diem outstanding and account for acquittals, accurate coding and ensure per diem policy is complied with;
- Ensure all claims are correctly claimed with complete supporting documents including the actual receipt;
- Monitor and maintain petty cash to include accurate recording and weekly reconciliation of all transactions, disbursements (such as vehicle claims, office supplies, etc.) and any deposits/refunds into petty cash;
- Ensure payments and receipts are correctly coded, reconcile all bank accounts and are signed by HoOG, print monthly cash disbursements, cash receipts, and general journal done and signed by HoOG, reconcile all advances and payroll done by monthly and signed by Cowater Headquarters;
- Prepare total monthly budget vs actual report – using latest work plan figures/plans due on the 15th of each month;
- Update all financial records to reflect exchange rate variation; and
- Assist the HoOG and work closely with the Senior Grants Manager to analyse the grant budget, payment documents, as well as the reconciliation of grant financial data in AIPTIS' MIS and the overall AIPTIS' budget.
- Ensure processing of payroll for all AIPTIS LTP and STAs with payslips including tax requirement calculation. Coordinate with the Tax Consultant and Payroll/Contract & HR Officer to ensure all tax, deductions, net and gross are correctly calculated. Track monthly and year-to-date totals for each LTA, LTP and STA;
- Work closely with HoOG to monitor and ensure completion of all payment paperwork, budget proposals from the team and sub-contractor / vendor according to the available budget and processes and procedures in line with the AIPTIS' Operational Manual;
- Work closely with the Senior Procurement & Risk Management Officer (SPRMO) to ensure all the schedule and payment documents for Sub-Contractor deliverables are in accordance with the agreement;
- Work closely with the SPRMO to reconcile financial data with asset registers every month;
- Lead advising at the thematic hub meeting (with support from the HoOG) related to all documentation that needs to be prepared in each thematic team activity plan;
- Oversee all administrative matters and ensure compliance to DFAT and GOI regulations; and
- Ensure the program vehicle is used / maintained in accordance with established procedures.
- Assist the HoOG and work closely with SPRMO to develop financial and administrative management mechanisms that minimize financial risk. Keep abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation;
- Assist the HoOG and with support from the Operations and Grants team, prepare and ensure all administrative and financial documents are ready during the audit, including providing advice in the clarification process and so on; and
- Deliver other assigned duties accurately and in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance Management or related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years of progressive experience in the professional services environment, preferably with a multinational company developing and delivering financial and administration support services;
- Team oriented;
- Confidence to work across all levels of the business;
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Develop strong trusting relationships in order to gain support and achieve results;
- Be flexible and available to interact with employees at all levels;
- Be self-directed and motivated;
- Compensation and Wage Structure;
- Effectively envision, develop, and implement new strategies to address competitive, complex business issues;
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Fluent in English and Indonesian.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply;
Candidates are encouraged to apply by April 15, 2021/as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.