International Youth Internship Program
Bow Valley College is offering ten international internship positions from May to December in Tanzania, Kenya, Peru, and Trinidad and Tobago under GAC’s International Youth Internship Program. The positions are open until March 13th. Please feel free to share widely in your networks. https://bowvalleycollege.ca/schools/international-education/international-development/internships See more details below.
International Youth Internship Program – Positions Available through Bow Valley College
Details and application link: https://bowvalleycollege.ca/schools/international-education/international-development/internships
Applications for the 2020 positions are now open - Apply by March 13
Are you looking for an opportunity to gain international work experience and launch your career with an added global skill set?
Bow Valley College in partnership with College of the Rockies and Selkirk College are offering six month overseas internship placements through the International Youth Internship Program (IYIP).
Read more about the internship experience from those who lived it here.
What is IYIP?
Watch our 2018 cohort video
The International Youth Internship Program (IYIP) offers Canadian post-secondary graduates the opportunity to gain professional experience through international development work.
The program, which is funded by Global Affairs Canada, is part of the Government of Canada's Youth Employment Strategy.
What is the aim of the International Youth Internship Program?
Our 2020 internship period will be approximately May 25th - December 8th, 2020.
Through the Program, Bow Valley College, College of the Rockies, and Selkirk College aim to:
- Provide eligible Canadian youth with international experience, skills and knowledge that will prepare them for future employment
- Increase employment opportunities by promoting awareness among Canadian organizations of the advantages of integrating young Canadian professionals into their structures and programs
- Provide opportunities for Canadian youth to promote Canada’s international development efforts both in Canada and abroad
Positions through Bow Valley College for 2020:
Zanzibar, Tanzania – Milele Zanzibar Foundation
- Strategic Communications Officer
- Research and Learning Officer
Eldoret, Kenya – Rift Valley Technical Training Institute
- Entrepreneurship Capacity Building Project Support Officer
- Alumni Evaluation and Monitoring Officer
Lima, Peru – Light Up the World
- Social Entreprise Development Officer
- Solar Technical Officer
Cusco, Peru – Mosqoy Limited
- Textile Program Assistant
- Marketing Assistant
St. Augustine, Trinidad and Tobago – University of the West Indies Open Campus – Bloom Early Childhood Education Centre
- Early Childhood Education Curriculum Enhancement Officer
- Community Engagement Digital Outreach Officer