Project and Business Development Officer, SEED, HQ
The role is varied and designed to provide a variety of experiences for the candidate to encourage growth. The Project and Business Development Officer will work with Cowater directors / managers and field teams, to provide support in the design, monitoring and delivery of development projects; as well as provide support to business development in the preparation of proposals; in multiple sectors, including climate change and environmental management; health; rural and agricultural development; and women’s economic empowerment.
- Support/carry out research and analysis that will aid in the design of projects and proposals
- Contribute to the development of innovative and successful approaches to proposals and projects, including identifying potential members of the proposed team and consortium partners
- Coordinate/Participate in business development missions and the development of new project concepts
- Contribute to the preparation of documents for proposals, including ensuring full compliance with donor requirements
Project management and implementation
- Support project directors and managers to coordinate project activities, including planification and coordination of meetings, management of external experts, preparation of project deliverables
- Collaborate with the project offices/teams in the execution of daily tasks related to the implementation of the project, including coordination of field visits, monitoring and evaluation, risk management
- Provide support in the preparation of quality project reports, that meet Cowater and the donor’s standards
- Carry out research in support of the realization of certain project activities
- Support the development and monitoring of budgets
- Perform additional tasks and missions according to the needs of the team
- A Master 's degree in a relevant discipline (project management, economics, political science, international development, business administration, etc.) or equivalent experience.
Required skills and abilities:
- Proven skills in research; analysis; written communication, including writing and reviewing (quality control) reports and proposals
- Proven ability to coordinate project activities
- Professional experience in the design and delivery of development projects in developing countries
- Fluency in English highly desirable and a second and third language considered an asset
- Excellent writing skills (reports, work plans, proposals) in English
- Mastery of the most common IT tools (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PPT)
- Organizational skills, focused on results
- Strong team spirit
- Ability to be flexible and take on new challenges
Conditions of employment:
- This position is full-time and permanent, based in Ottawa. Remote working options can be considered.
- In the current context of the Covid-19 health crisis, the functions will be carried out from the home and until further notice.
- International travel: 4-6 times a year for project management needs, technical interventions, and / or for the development of proposals.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by October 18th or as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.