Project and M&E Manager (PM)
Position title: Project and M&E Manager (PM)
Position location: Ottawa
Reports to: Director of CLIC-CONSULTANTS
Contract term: 2 years with possibility of renewal
Remuneration: Salary and benefits in the CLIC salary range of $55,000-$65,000/year (commensurate with experience)
Deadline: October 15, 2018
Canadian Leaders in International Consulting (CLIC) is a management consulting company that provides responsive international technical assistance and highly specialized capacity building solutions, project management, M&E and training programmes to improve governance, strengthen accountability, and achieve results for all clients.
CLIC is looking for a talented, energetic and high achieving Project and M&E Manager with demonstrable experience to manage and monitor international projects and assignments with a particular focus in the Middle East and North Africa. The PM plays a role in growing the CLIC portfolio of monitoring and evaluation assignments.
Nature and Scope:
The core responsibility of the PM is to provide leadership in the start-up, management and monitoring and evaluation of CLIC’s development projects and assignments including, but not limited to, two Global Affairs Canada funded projects in the Middle East: the “Women’s Economic Linkages and Employment Development” (WE LEAD) project in Jordan and the “Bolstering Reconstruction in Iraq through Development, Growth and Employment” (BRIDGE) project in Iraq, the Citizen Engagement and Sensitization project funded by the Iraq Reconstruction Fund and the Supply Arrangement for Monitoring services with GAC. The PM will also contribute to other initiatives and program development efforts that help advance CLIC’s strategic priorities worldwide.
Planning & Coordination
- Provide support to project teams on the technical direction and implementation of projects including preparation of Initiative Inception Plans, Project Implementation Plans and Annual Workplans;
- Identify and facilitate the provision of technical resources and materials based on CLIC’s best practices to field staff and partners, as required;
- Effectively manage relationships with consortium partners, including MOUs, convening project management committees as may be required and day-to-day operations;
- Maintain open and effective communications with donors;
- Act as a coordinator with various functional units at CLIC-CONSULTANTS (eg. communications, IT, finance and human resources, etc.);
- Oversee logistics for project personnel (staff, volunteers, consultants) missions to and from the field;
- Ensure CLIC’s various internal policies are applied and
- Support gender mainstreaming in projects, including participating in the development of project-specific gender strategies
- Assist country teams with the development of country-program strategies in line with CLIC’s strategic priorities;
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
- Under the guidance of CLIC’s M&E Advisor and the Director of CLIC-Consulting, provide technical guidance and support for M&E to the projects and the project teams;
- Ensure program technical reports, capturing results and lessons learned, are submitted to donors in a timely manner;
- Capture project and country-level results and lessons learned and share those with CLIC’s internal knowledge management system;
- Oversee the management of project documentation, ensuring that accurate and complete program systems, records and files are maintained.
- Exercise budget control and manage project procurement in accordance with contractual obligations and in consultation with the Financial Controller and Project and Country directors;
- Work with the Financial Analysts assigned to the projects to monitor budgets, prepare financial reports and provide financial analysis;
- Resolve any contractual and/or budget issues with the donor, including providing any updates, requests for approval and supporting the documentation of such requirements.
2.New Business Development
- Work closely with the Ottawa-based team to design, develop and submit new proposals and Expressions of Interest (EOIs)
- Identify and track relevant institutional funding opportunities for new program initiatives;
- Any other BD duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- At least 5 years of experience in the management and monitoring of projects/programs in the international development sector
- Solid knowledge of, and experience in, monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of Results Based Management highly desirable
- Previous experience in cultivating and maintaining relationships with Global Affairs Canada and other donors
- Superior oral and written communication skills: clear, concise, persuasive writing style
- Proven project and evaluation report writing skills and experience
- Sound understanding of gender and development issues and commitment to gender equality
- Significant knowledge or experience in one or more of the following sectors or programming areas:
- Education (system strengthening, access to education for marginalized populations, education quality improvement)
- Governance and democratic development (capacity development and strengthening of public institutions and civil society)
- Inclusive market development (sustainable livelihoods, technical and vocational training, value chain, market system development)
- Youth programming (youth inclusion, youth economic empowerment)
- Women’s rights and gender equality (gender-based violence, women’s economic empowerment, gender mainstreaming)
- Experience working with civil society and NGOs in development programs and initiatives
- Willingness to travel abroad including to countries in the Middle East and North Africa
- Strong capacity for strategic analysis and representation, including working with networks and developing partnerships
- Excellent administration and organizational skills, including ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Proven ability to lead multiple task-orientated teams in a dynamic and constructive fashion
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated capacity to work in partnership in a crosscultural context
- Excellent grasp of software programs such as Word, Excel, Visio
- Excellent grasp of social media and communications platforms
Education / Training
• A Master’s degree or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field combined with 7 or more years of relevant experience
- Complete fluency, oral and written in English; • Fluency in Arabic highly desirable
- Fluency in French a strong asset.
To apply please submit the following documents:
- Your current CV
- A cover letter
- References will be requested if interview is successful
Please email your application to email@example.com and put in subject line
“Application for Project Manager.” We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted. This position is open until a successful candidate is found.