Project Coordinator (EN/FR), Government and Economic Reform Group
Reports To: Vice President, Public Financial Management & Accountability
The Government and Economic Reform (GER) Group is composed of three divisions (Public Financial Management & Accountability, Customs, Trade and Investment Climate, and Canadian Trade and Utilities) which deliver technical assistance projects for a variety of donors including Global Affairs Canada, World Bank, the Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office and the Inter-American Development Bank. The team is currently implementing projects in Mali, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Madagascar, Algeria, Benin, Indonesia, Bahamas, Zambia, Palestine, Somalia, Ethiopia, Mozambique, South Africa and Senegal.
Summary of the Position
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for supporting all 3 divisions in the ongoing operations of active projects and contribute to development and administration of new proposals. The work will focus on supporting Project Managers to administer and coordinate activities on active project, support employees and consultants in all travel related logistics and bookings through our corporate Egencia platform. In addition, work on proposals will include developing templates, collating information and formatting, editing, drafting of CV’s, and completion of compliance checklists.
- Support proposal development, which may involve:
- Identification of potential team members and partners through database searches
- Formatting and preparing CV’s
- Compiling corporate compliance checklists and declarations for signature
- Collating proposals into a standard template in accordance with Cowater’s style guide
- Lead special projects as required.
- Provide travel and logistics arrangements and support for employees and consultants through our corporate Egencia platform;
- Provide support to long-term field personnel (i.e., mobilization and demobilization, shipping, storage. health insurance, etc.);
- Edit project documents for ease of reading and syntax as requested;
- Assist Project Managers in ensuring all reports are prepared and submitted to the Client according to the contract and in a timely manner;
- Provide overall support for new and existing projects;
- Support all components of project start-up, including: staffing, development of operational procedures, etc.;
- Plan Study Tours and counterpart visits including coordinating and providing logistical support;
- Conduct research from various sources and weave together into cohesive documents; and
- Lead special projects, as required.
- Carry out cost research as required for potential corporate purchases;
- Support GER Management team with administrative tasks as required;
- Proofread documents for spelling, grammar and syntax in French and English;
- Develops and maintains a well-organized filing system on the GER SharePoint and Team’s Channels that permits easy reference and rapid retrieval of information.
- Bilingual – Fluency in French and English
- Excellent Attention to detail (accurate, precise, thorough, complete)
- Timeliness (meet deadlines, generally handle duties in an efficient and timely manner)
- Ability to Multi-task (prioritizing and juggling various tasks effectively)
- Communication skills (clear oral and written communication)
- Helpfulness / positive attitude / diplomacy
- Organizational skills (tidy and efficient workspace and electronic files)
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Career Page, as interviews may begin before the posting end date.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.