Project Manager, Team Lead
- Manage all programme implementation functions, including budget and financial management, work planning, procurement, recruitment, contracting, monitoring/evaluation and reporting from the field.
- Coordinate with and engage Canadian Embassy in designated forums;
- Work with Government of Ukraine counterparts in the definition and development of reform initiative parameters;
- Ensure that programme plans and activities are closely coordinated with other national and international stakeholders working with the security sector;
- Provide coaching and ensure professional development of the PROTECT project team in the interest of optimizing project deliverables;
- Ensure contractual compliance in all areas of project management;
- Negotiate and manage contracts of national and international technical experts in accordance with Alinea standards and based on deliverables, with the support of relevant staff;
- Lead activity planning workshops and the discussion of implementation strategies;
- Oversee application of Alinea’s Capacity Development Framework within respective reform initiatives and the core project team;
- Undertake periodic field visits to review progress and ensure that it is captured in results reporting;
- Monitor project implementation status for all reform initiatives and contribute to quarterly financial reporting process;
- Implement the project’s M&E framework with the support of staff specialists and ensure that the indicators effectively monitor progress;
- Work with Canadian Project Director on the production of wrap-up reporting and analysis and the consolidation of data and analytics;
- Work with Canadian Project Director and other Alinea core staff in the production of communications and visibility materials;
- Optimize project visibility in Ukraine and support ongoing communications activities of Alinea’s Canada-based staff targeting various audiences;
- Actively identify opportunities and support ongoing business development initiatives for Alinea in Ukraine and the region;
- Represent Alinea corporately on specific mandates within the region.
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive experience in the area of design, management and implementation of public administration and/or security sector reform projects
- Operational exposure/experience in institution building, public administration and governance;
- Experience in project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience leading and mentoring multidisciplinary project teams;
- Experience working in conflict/post-conflict situations, particularly in Eastern Europe
- Experience working with government authorities and international diplomatic and security missions;
- Exceptional and demonstrated communication and presentation skills;
- Strong leadership acumen and analytical skills; tact and diplomacy.
- Masters qualifications in defense/security studies, law, public administration, political science or relevant field;
- Significant experience leading diverse, multicultural project teams;
- Fluency (written, spoken) in English; Ukrainian and/or Russian languages desirable
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter describing why you believe you’re an ideal candidate, as well as your CV including two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com