Date of Publication:
2 December 2020
20 December 2020
Position: Proposals Writer
Reporting to: Director of Programmes and Partnerships
Type of position: Regular, full-time
Location: Home based/flexible post COVID
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Application deadline: December 20, 2020
CLIC is a consulting firm headquartered in Ottawa, Canada. It is managed by a team of professionals with varying skills and sectoral expertise. CLIC is managing projects in Iraq, Jordan, Mozambique, Tunisia, Morocco, Jordan, Eastern Caribbean and Mongolia. We have implemented projects in South Sudan, Kenya, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia, Jordan and several other countries. Our clients include the Government of Canada, the Government of Iraq, GIZ, the World Bank, national governments, the United Nations and other multilateral and bilateral agencies and international organizations.
CLIC is looking for a talented, energetic and high achieving Proposals Writer with demonstrable experience and success. The candidate should be prepared to work in a fast paced environment and with a dynamic group of multilingual, multicultural professionals in several countries. All actions undertaken by the Proposal Writer are guided by CLIC’s strategic vision.
- Coordinate the business development meetings to ensure efficient process is followed in the selection and preparation of proposals;
- Work closely with the CEO and the Directors to establish parameters and guidelines;
- Establish processes and procedures for the development and preparation of proposals;
- Work closely with the CEO and the senior management to identify partnerships and opportunities for collaboration with companies and organizations;
- Meets Proposals deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing Proposals status information to review meetings; transmitting Proposals.
- Gathers Proposals information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with Proposals.
- Develops Proposals by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following Proposals-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining Proposals support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing Proposals with key providers and project managers.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- 3-5 years’ experience in Proposals development and writing with demonstration of success.
- 3-5 years’ relevant work experience with a consulting firm.
- Experience and knowledge of development issues in the Middle East and North Africa region an asset.
- Demonstrable experience in writing proposals for GAC, DFID, USAID, GIZ, etc.
- Fluency in English essential and one of the two languages; French and/or Arabic.
Skills and abilities
- Advanced interpersonal and verbal communication skills, in particular to collaborate among an international and multidisciplinary teams.
- Exceptional writing skills;
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills to think and plan strategically and the ability to translate this into practical and feasible operational program planning.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Proven budgeting and financial management skills,
- Attention to detail and working with tight deadlines.
- Problem-solving, coordination and facilitation skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills.
- Humble, grounded and authentic
- Go getter; does not take no for an answer
- Diplomatic and able to express positions firmly
- Calm under pressure
- Understands and believes in the importance of time management and urgency
- Can see the big picture and can actualize it at the ground level
- Bachelor’s Degree in international development, political science, social sciences, communications or relevant discipline.
- Email your application by Dec 30 with a cover letter indicating the reason you believe you are the best fit for this position.
- CVs without a cover letter indicating their suitability for the job will be rejected
- Three references, including your most recent employers, if you cannot submit your recent reference please state the reasons for that.
Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 20, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
130 Slater Street, Suite 600, Ottawa, ON, K1P 6E2