Senior Financial Controller – Corporate
REPORTS TO: Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Cowater International has an immediate opening in their Finance Team for its Brussel Office, Belgium, for a Bilingual (French & English) Senior Financial Controller able to work under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Reporting to the Managing Director and the Chief Financial Officer, the Bilingual Senior Financial Controller must possess a proven ability to meet tight deadlines, must have excellent communication and organizational skills, must be proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word), and must have previous experience with an accounting software.
General Finances, Accounting and Administrative of Cowater Belgium
- Working with internal and external stakeholders
- follow-up of Cowater Belgium finances, periodic closing of accounts and calculation of margins on projects
- Preparation and participation in the annual audit of the company accounts
- Preparing the monthly and the annual declarations
- Implementing all fiscal regulations in Belgium and assisting in other legislations
- Prepare the budgets of overheads and report on it during year
- Participate in payment cycle
- Ad hoc request
- Participate in the deployment of the future ERP NetSuite
- Gather requirement and participate to workshop for integration with Cowater Group
- Actively participate in the data migration strategy and validation
- Act as super user for accounting modules in Brussel operation
- Create and Maintain Cashflow forecast for the entity
- Collaborate with HQ finance staff on corporate reporting
- Support operation by providing strategic guidance on Finance and accounting
KEY INDICATORS OF SUCCESS
- Timely achievement of general accounting tasks with a proper application of legal accounting rules and standards
- Compliance in all aspect of the work
- Timely and correct submission of requested reports and support to business
- Autonomy and reliability
- Capacity to bring innovative and strategic thinking
- Diploma in Business Administration, Accounting or any other similar/relevant mix of study and experiences
- At least 5-10 years of experience with gradual progression in accounting and finance ideally in an international business
- Candidates must be problem-solving, troubleshooting
- Fluent written and spoken French and English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Access
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Candidates are encouraged to apply (in French or English) by May 31, 2021/as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium; in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.