2014 Conference Sponsorship Information
“Redefining Development Partnerships - A new Role for Canadians in Global equality and Cooperation"
The 2014 Join Conference between the Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) and the Canadian Council for International Cooperation (CCIC)
May 13-15, 2014 - Convention Centre, Ottawa ON
The Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) was incorporated as a non-profit organization in February 1993. It is a voluntary organization run by and for its members. The objectives of the association are to:
- Foster excellence in international development consulting
- Promote the collective professional interests of international development consultants
- Provide a forum for members to exchange professional information and engage in professional development
- Give a voice to the international development consulting community.
The Vision for CAIDP is “to support effective international development through the expertise of our members and partnerships” and its Mission statement is that it “is dedicated to supporting the involvement of its members in the design and delivery of overseas development aid”.
See our website at http://www.caidp-rpcdi.ca for more information.
Redefining Development Partnerships: A New Role for Canadians in Global Equality and Cooperation
This is the focus of the joint Annual Conference between the Canadian Association of International Development Professionals (CAIDP) and the Canadian Council for International Co-operation (CCIC). Over three days, CAIDP and CCIC will bring together their respective memberships and welcome other participants to meet, discuss and learn from each other’s diverse perspectives and expertise.
The proposed program includes sessions on the following topics:
- Examine partnerships within current Canadian and international aid and contracting environments;
- Discuss different types of partnerships and identify the fundamental principles underlying their success;
- Investigate ways to build and ensure equitable and effective partnerships;
- Take stock of emerging challenges and opportunities, and what they suggest for our own partnerships;
- Strengthen participants professionally through improved knowledge of partnering tools and existing opportunities for funding and contracting;
- Identify tools and strategies to monitor, evaluate, and report-back on partnership impact
Expert speakers and panelists are being invited from both Canada’s international development community and overseas. The joint CAIDP-CCIC Conference, will feature the following plenaries:
The Hon. Christian Paradis, MP, PC, Minister of International Development and Minister for La Francophonie, speaking on “Redefining partnership in the Canadian context”.
A keynote address by The Rt. Hon. Joe Clark on “Redefining Canadian foreign policy – a new role for Canadians in global equality and cooperation”.
A public event debating “Canada Missing in Action? Evaluating Canada’s Role on the International Scene” moderated by Don Martin from CTV’s “Power Play with Don Martin”, followed by a networking reception hosted by DEVEX.
Special plenary session featuring expert Southern panelists discussing “Partnerships in a changing global context” including Sering Falu Njie of the UN Millennium Campaign, Kalpona Akter from the Bangladesh Workers Solidarity Center, and Bianca Suyama, of Articulação SUL, Brazil.
As a sponsor of the Conference, your organization will be recognized in conference promotional materials before, during and after the conference. As well as exposure to the conference participants, your organization's name will be seen by the professionals from the Government of Canada, IFIs, the UN and recipient countries participants who will be presenting at the conference. Depending on your level of sponsorship you are also eligible for extra benefits shown under sponsorship levels below.
All sponsors will benefit from:
- Their organization's name and/or logo will be featured in numerous promotional pre-events materials and conference packages
- Opportunity to display and distribute organization's promotional materials at a special Sponsors' Table
- A receipt for the sponsorship
- Organization's name and logo featured on CAIDP/CCIC's website with a link to the organization's website
@ Platinum Sponsor $5,000
Identified as Sponsor of one of the Keynote addresses by the Hon. Minister Paradis or the Hon. Joe Clark (Sponsorship acknowledged when introducing the keynote and noted in the program of the conference)
- Exclusive use of a display table at the conference site during the two days of the conference
- Organization's name and logo prominently displayed on back of conference folder (extra large size) and on sponsorship page of conference material
- Three (3) free conference passes and two (2) additional passes for the plenary events
@ Gold Sponsor $3,500
Identified as Sponsor of the Plenary session "Partnerships in a changing global context" (Sponsorship acknowledged when introducing the plenary session and noted in the program of the conference)
- Organization's name and logo prominently displayed on back of conference folder (large size) and on sponsorship page of conference material
- Two (2) free conference passes and two (2) additional passes for the plenary events
@ Silver Sponsor $2,500
- Organization's name and logo prominently displayed on back of conference folder (medium size) and on sponsorship page of conference material
- Two (2) free conference passes and one (1) additional pass for the plenary events
@ Bronze Sponsor $1,000
- Organization's name and logo prominently displayed on back of conference folder (small size) and on sponsorship page of conference material
- One (1) free conference passes and one (1) additional pass for the plenary events
@ Copper Sponsor $500
- Organization's name listed on sponsorship page of conference material
- One (1) free conference pass
If you are interested in being involved in our conference, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information, to learn more about our conference, or to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have.
To download the sponsorship form click here.
To sponsor the 2014 Conference online click here.