DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 29 Oct 2021
Position: Project Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-time Employee
Location: Gatineau/Ottawa or Calgary
Reports to: Canadian Project Director
Remuneration: Fees are subject to negotiation and must not exceed established market rates.
Committed to Inclusivity and Diversity: Alinea provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants on the basis of merit.
Alinea is committed to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults. Given the nature of our work, candidates will be subjected to due diligence checks and to enhanced background checks as appropriate.
About Alinea International Ltd.
Alinea is an international development consultancy providing technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, companies and communities to create lasting change. Over 35 years, Alinea has successfully delivered more than 515 projects worldwide. alineainternational.com
The Project Coordinator (PC) will be based in Canada. They will report to the Canadian Project Director and will oversee all project administration duties. The PC will also liaise as needed with key project stakeholders based in Canada and abroad. This is a full-time position.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing administrative and technical support services for the project and establish and maintain efficient administrative systems including filing and inventory;
- Coordinate all project logistics, including transportation and accommodation for project staff and consultants, visas, and pre-deployment packages;
- Coordinate and provide support on recruitment of key personnel and procurement goods and services, as needed;
- Prepare contracts for consultants and conduct audits of resulting timesheets, expense claims and invoices;
- Ensuring effective and transparent financial practices, procedures, and reporting as well as support project’s financial reporting and forecasting;
- Provide reporting support to the PD, including administrative services, formatting and auditing, reviewing, and submission, as needed;
- Provide administrative support to the project core team and PD and provide guidance on administrative processes to local staff;
Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Post-secondary education.
- Min. 4 years of experience on multi-year international development projects
- Experience coordinating project logistics including local travel and procurement of goods and services
- Experience coordinating projects in multiple countries
- Proficiency in English, French is a strong asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially in Word and Excel
- Experience in formatting, editing and producing documents for publication
- Highly organized and ability to maintain project files and financial systems
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, with proven ability to manage and work efficiently and independently
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals from various cultural backgrounds
- Familiarity with Canadian government development projects, procedures and guidelines
- Ability to multi-task and complete submissions work under strict deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Understanding of accounting/financial management and/or accounting designation
- Other languages
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 29 Oct 2021. Please include the subject line Project Coordinator.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquiries, please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com