Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist
Date de publication:
September 23, 2019
Date limite pour appliquer:
September 30, 2019
Cowater is looking for a Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist to support the “Improving Environmental Management of Mining and Energy Activities in Peru (MEGAM)” project in Peru and to start as soon as possible. Cowater partnered with Norda Stelo are providing technical assistance to the Ministry of the Environment and other institutions to streamline how the Peruvian Government handles environmental impact assessments for mining and energy projects while strengthening the rigour and analysis of these assessments. The project will enable the creation and improvement of government procedures, regulations and practices, and promote environmental compliance of mining activities.
The key tasks for the Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Specialist will be:
• Overseeing the monitoring and evaluation of project activities, as per the project’s Performance Management Framework, for the achievement of results;
• Developing the required reports (semi-annual and annual) as per the project reporting requirements;
• Proving support in the planning process at national and regional level and developing the required annual plans as per the project requirements;
• Overseeing the implementation, and updating as necessary, of the project’s M&E and communication strategy;
• Overseeing the development and dispersal of project communication material focused on raising awareness of the project’s long-term vision, activities, results and impacts with project stakeholders and the general public in Peru and Canada;
• Ensuring effective knowledge sharing including the identification and effective dissemination of Project successes, innovations, best practices and lessons learned;
• Developing and maintaining effective relationships with national and regional project stakeholders that will facilitate implementation, and stimulate their on-going collaborative participation and commitment to the project;
• Participating in and/or facilitating dialogues, consultations and national and international networks that contribute to the achievement of Project expected results, including with multiple stakeholder groups, e.g. government institutions, private sector, civil society and local communities;
• Identifying other stakeholders for achieving project results;
• Providing support in general in order to achieve expected project results.
• Advanced Degree in communications, public policy, renewable resources, environmental engineering, socio-economics, international development, or other relevant field;
Minimum years of experience:
• 5 years of international experience, supporting M&E, reporting for results, project communication and project implementation; and
• 5 years of experience implementing planning processes involving multi stakeholders
• Demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of communication and awareness raising campaigns.
• Willingness to be located in Peru
• Must be fluent in English and Spanish, with excellent professional level writing skills in both languages; and
• Excellent cross-cultural, interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to convey concepts clearly and concisely.
Please apply before Sept 30th 2019.
Upload your CV on our Careers Page, naming it as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date.
More information on our company and projects can be found at https://www.cowater.com/en/home/.
With more than 34 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017 and 2018. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, France, Pretoria, South Africa, and London, United Kingdom, Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.