Project Development Officer
The Project Development Officer (PDO) will be responsible for undertaking research; preparing recommendations to support and satisfy funder requirements by developing concepts, including gathering, configuring, analyzing the information; and developing reports. The incumbent will work very closely with all departments and functions across the organization to identify and execute opportunities in support of strategic CESO objectives.
This highly technical position will play a critical role in identifying opportunities to innovate in program delivery while ensuring funder compliance. An incredibly matrixed and collaborative role, the PDO must be a strong communicator in all aspects with the ability to forge strong, productive relationships across stakeholder groups.
The successful candidate must be bilingual in both official languages. This position is remote and the successful candidate can be based in either the following provinces/territories: Ontario, Quebec, British Columbia or Northwest Territories.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Research and Reporting
- Identifies and tracks relevant project program compliance requirements and opportunities for innovation and program expansion within compliance parameters
- Participates in development of project summaries for collaboration and/or partnering with other institutions; plans, researches, develops and writes
- Collaborates with other departments to develop feasible ideas to enhance sustainable economic development, governance and women’s empowerment in alignment with the policies and preferences of donors
- Develops project summaries and briefings in response to routine and ad-hoc needs from donors and senior management
- Maintains quality results by using existing templates or developing new formats as appropriate; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining funder compliance support databases
- Liaises and coordinates with key managers across organization as appropriate with aim to improve project implementation, monitoring and evaluation processes
- Other tasks as appropriate and to be determined
Communications and Engagement
- Provides support to the team by providing strong research support across communications, marketing, engagement, recruitment, fundraising and corporate profile development functions
- Maintains and applies strong knowledge of international and economic development market, donor trends and relevant grant-making rules and regulations
- Identifies opportunities to build on engagement of stakeholder and funder groups
- Plays a role in the identification, development and analysis of new and existing opportunities to augment or enhance related departmental activities; provides appropriate recommendations and strategies
- Plays a lead role in the development of white-papers and position papers, including planning, research, and writing of documents
- Supports the development, collection and analysis of departmental metrics and evaluation; acts as a key team member in cross-departmental communication projects and feedback loop
- Other tasks, as appropriate and to be determined
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in areas such as: international development or Indigenous studies, sociology, political studies, communications, journalism, marketing or any other related discipline
- Excellent research skills and the essential ability to write persuasively and clearly
- Proven ability to manage contending and shifting priorities within tight timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to forge strong, collaborative relationships across different stakeholders groups
- Demonstrated tendency to problem-solve and take initiative
- Demonstrated experience with process Improvement and information coordination
- Knowledge of the international development, indigenous affairs, government, not-for-profit and/or NGO sectors a strong asset
- French language skills is a requirement; strong preference for advanced-Ievel/bilingual abilities (both official languages)
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectations with Project Development Officer in the subject line to:
Jennifer Rovet, Recruitment Manager
Application deadline: December 5th, 2021
CESO is an equal opportunity employer.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.