Bilingual Communication and Public Engagement Manager
Position: Bilingual Communication and Public Engagement Manager (Canadian)
Location: Canada based
LOE in Person days: 440, (average of 110 days per year for 4 years)
Alinea is a global international development consultancy. We provide technical and management expertise that helps people improve their lives. We work with governments, investors, companies and communities to deliver lasting change. Over the past 34 years, we have managed more than 515 projects in 88 countries.
Alinea is currently recruiting a Bilingual Communication and Public Engagement Manager, (Canada based) for the DFATD-funded project, Technical Assistance Program – Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM).
With its vast network of missions abroad, the Department of Foreign Affairs Trade and Development (DFATD) interacts daily with governments around the world that often request niche Canadian expertise to assist them in addressing the public sector policy and institutional capacity gaps they face as they advance toward achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
DFATD is establishing the Technical Assistance Partnership - Expert Deployment Mechanism (TAP-EDM) to facilitate the provision of strategic, short-term Canadian technical assistance in response to the expressed needs of national entities in Official Development Assistance (ODA)-eligible countries. TAP-EDM’s technical assistance toolkit will address needs in areas aligned with the FIAP, and do so in a manner consistent with aid effectiveness principles and the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development. The Project will also contribute to promoting Canadian values, increasing Canada’s visibility, and projecting Canadian leadership globally, while advancing Canada’s international assistance policy, foreign policy, and trade relation interests.
The specific responsibilities of the Communication and Public Engagement Manager, will include the following:
- Develop and execute a Communication and Public Engagement Plan;
- Collaborate, whenever possible, with the Project Manager to integrate public engagement objectives and deliverables into TA initiative and/or contracted Canadian experts’ terms of reference;
- Assist contracted Canadian experts with public engagement tools, tips and advices;
- Identify relevant success stories and case studies for dissemination among executed TA initiatives;
- Collect, analyze and synthesize technical assistance related results. Ensure reporting and results-based management requirements are met and submitted to DFATD in the specified timelines;
- Ensure gender equality, environment, governance/human rights objectives are met and integrated into the Communication and Public Engagement Plan, deliverables, and into project reporting.
- Collaborate with DFATD Headquarters and participating Canadian missions abroad to coordinate communication activities, including marketing of TAP-EDM activities with local stakeholders in ODA-eligible countries.
- Must be bilingual, (French and English)
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or relevant discipline, (for example, communication, journalism, adult education, sociology, marketing, or international development).
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline and a professional accreditation in a relevant discipline are considered a strong asset.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in leading the design and implementation of a multi-year and complex communication or public engagement strategy;
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the context of management, preferably in the context of multi-year and complex international development, that included:
- A dedicated website or webpage;
- Social media engagement activities;
- Participation in knowledge sharing or community of practice events;
- Supporting the publication/dissemination of success stories or experience sharing on written and/or audio-visual media;
- Supporting during and post-deployment social media and/or speaking engagement activities of participating experts, (volunteers, advisors, interns) in public events such as conferences, seminars, and/or human libraries;
- Experience in implementing Communications or Public Engagement strategies reaching out to both English and French speaking communities in Canada, and to other non EN-FR speaking audiences.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to email@example.com. Please include the position title in your subject line, and state your approximate salary expectations as a monthly rate, CAD, inclusive of benefits.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.
For more information about Alinea, please visit our website: www.alineainternational.com