Business Development Manager
Position: Business Development Manager
Position Type: Permanent, full-time
Reporting to: Business Development Director
Location: Gatineau, QC
Alinea International provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 30 years, Alinea International has managed and implemented more than 500 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, or relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Proven track record of at least five (5) years of experience in business development and proposal development.
- Demonstrated experience supporting business development initiatives and managing successful proposal development processes with Alinea’s key institutional donors including GAC, UK FCDO, European Commission, Australian DFAT, and World Bank.
- Experience with multiple funding mechanisms including Requests for Proposals (RFP), Unsolicited Proposals, Call for Proposals (CFP), Concept Notes, etc.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in French, Spanish or other languages would be a strong asset.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Visio.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment, with proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work efficiently and independently, and within strict deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to work overtime when deadlines approach.
- Drive new business development with Alinea's primary institutional donor Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
- Support Alinea's business development into new markets and with other donors: UK FCDO, European Commission, Australian DFAT, and World Bank.
- Develop and maintain relationships with staff at GAC and other institutional donors, such as country desk officers, directors, leads and grant managers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with strategic partners and potential proposal collaborators in the international development sector.
- Oversee proposal development process from tracking opportunities to identifying and qualifying new leads, mapping competitors and potential partners, and developing technical and financial proposal strategies.
- Provide bid coordination, quality control and technical oversight to ensure proposals are compliant with ToR / donor requirements.
- Ensure consistency of writing style and full alignment between proposals and donors’ financial, administrative and programmatic guidelines.
- Support budget development and budget review process to ensure timely review and adequate discussion.
- Recruit, source, short-list, pre-screen and interview candidates, develop / tailor CVs to respond to RFP / donor requirements, and on-board new staff for HQ-based positions.
- Provide other support to the BD team, as required.
Alinea International offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV (6 page max) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in your subject line, and clearly explain in your cover letter how you meet the key requirements, including an example of when you were able to excel in a particularly stressful and time sensitive situation.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please.