Communications and Marketing Specialist
JES has an immediate opening for a Communications and Marketing Specialist.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: full-time term employment to March 31st, 2021 with potential to permanent full-time employment
Application Deadline: September 11th, 2020
Start Date: As soon as possible
ABOUT THE JUSTICE EDUCATION SOCIETY (JES)
The Justice Education Society of British Columbia (JES) is a non-profit organization with over 30 years of experience providing public legal education and justice system capacity building in Canada and overseas. In Canada, JES helps more than 700,000 British Columbians learn about our justice system and address their legal issues. Internationally, JES has programs in Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Panama and Guyana which work with national institutions to strengthen justice systems, access to justice and citizen security. JES has offices in Canada, Guatemala, Honduras and Guyana and diverse sources of funding including donors and provincial, federal and overseas governments. More information on JES is available at: www.JusticeEducation.ca.
The Communications and Marketing Specialist reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), work closely with the Senior Leadership Team and collaborates with team members across the organization. This person will be responsible for implementing the Communications and Marketing Action Plan supporting JES’ programs, initiatives, special projects, and the day-to-day management of all communications and marketing needs across the organization, including social media, website, print publications, and internal messaging. This is a results-based position in a fast-paced non-profit organization. Management of a large workload with various deadlines within a professional team environment makes it an exciting role that allows for great achievement and success.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop messaging and increase visibility through digital and traditional marketing, communications, public relations (PR), media, and community engagement tools and practices.
- Develop and maintain JES’ website and digital presence.
- Develop and update design templates for digital and print materials (emails, invitations, infographics, e-newsletters, etc.) to create ease of use for internal team members, and brand cohesion for external users.
- Review, develop and manage brand positioning to ensure impact, awareness, and consistency.
- Lead marketing initiatives including advertising, video production, photography, and digital campaigns.
- Develop corporate and special event communications.
- Develop and execute donor communication messaging and strategy.
- Track, interpret, and provide regular reports on web and social analytics and provide metrics for regular internal reports and to improve content reach.
- Analyze and evaluate communication, marketing, and PR effectiveness.
- Create and maintain manuals on standard operation procedures for communications and marketing, and other job functions.
- Provide communications advice and support to the Leadership Team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related area.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Flexible and a self-starter; able to multitask while also being highly detail-oriented.
- Experience in corporate communications, marketing and brand management.
- Persuasive communicator; natural collaborator.
- Ability to create and curate strategic narratives and compelling storylines.
- Strong writing and editing skills.
- Ability to tailor messages to specific audiences.
- Demonstrated superior client service and consultative approach.
- Ability to develop and implement proactive and reactive communications programs.
- Computer savvy and experience utilizing and developing a wide range of communications tools, including social media, press releases, newsletters, etc.
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment and variety; known for getting things done.
- Excellent people skills, with experience communicating and collaborating in a multidisciplinary, multicultural, diverse and dynamic team.
- Knowledge of desktop/graphic publishing, database and relevant software packages: Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat, InDesign, Photoshop, etc.), as well as proven ability to develop online design and design for print materials such as reports, pamphlets, advertising and brochures.
- Web publishing skills and experience with website analytics tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Spanish; French an asset.
- Experience in fundraising communications.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and curriculum vitae to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “Communications and Marketing Specialist” in the subject line.
Deadline for reception of applications: September 11th, 2020 by 5 pm, Pacific Standard Time.
JES offers competitive compensation, including full benefits. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.