Expert in Anti-corruption - The Gambia
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The Gambia is considered fragile and the democratic transition process requires EU support specifically focused on political and economic governance. In December 2019 the European Commission and The Gambia signed the financing agreement implementing State and Resilience Building Contract for the Gambia. In addition to the budget support component, the contract foresees technical assistance to strengthen democratic transition and governance.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Cowater International is currently recruiting an Expert in Anti-corruption.
- Participate in the review and development of policies.
- Act as advisor in the related area of expertise to senior officials and government counterparts.
- Accompany institutional reforms.
- Support capacity building and training activities to national institutions.
- Postgraduate qualification in a related field
- Computer literacy
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in the specific field.
- Experience in fragile / transition countries.
- Experience in West Africa.
- Experience in capacity building and training activities.
- At least 5 years of experience in Technical Assistance contracts.
- Experience in EU budget support / state-building contracts / institution strengthening.
- Language Proficiency: Fluent in English (at least C1 in speaking, reading, writing and understanding)
Candidates are encouraged to apply by as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.