Field Manager - Ethiopia
Position: Field Manager (Canadian/International)
Position Type: Management, full-time
Reporting to: Project Director
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Agriteam Canada Consulting Ltd. is a private Canadian company which provides management and technical expertise to developing and transitional country partners on projects that promote sustainable growth and meaningful opportunities for people to improve their lives. Over the past 29 years, Agriteam has managed and implemented more than 300 projects and assignments in dozens of countries worldwide. We are currently looking to expand our team with the addition of a Field Manager to support the development and implementation of our programs and services.
Based in Agriteam’s National Project Office and reporting to the Canadian Project Director, the Field Manager will be responsible for the overall field operations of a natural resource management project managed by Agriteam Canada in Ethiopia. The successful candidate will oversee the operations of the project in Ethiopia, translating the strategic direction and mandate of the project, as defined through a series of annual work plans, into project outcome results.
· Master’s Degree required, preferably in business administration, environmental sciences, environmental management, or related field.
· 6+ years of project management experience (multi-year, CAD $5mil+) in an international development setting.
· Training and experience working with results-based management (RBM) tools for international development project management.
· Strong expertise and skills in relationship building, including creating and sustaining high performing teams.
· Demonstrated expertise in managing stakeholder relations including effective communications, delivering project presentations, and facilitating stakeholder meetings, conferences, and workshops.
· Dynamic, independent, results-driven leader.
· Writes and speaks English at a highly proficient level.
· Willing to relocate to Ethiopia for a minimum of two years.
· Experience in individual and organizational capacity development including provision of technical assistance and design/delivery of training courses and materials.
· Experience working in Africa, especially Ethiopia.
· Knowledge of and experience with integrating Gender Equality into project design and activities.
· Experience using participatory approaches and appreciative inquiry to ensure local ownership and commitment.
· Working knowledge of Canadian government and other donor country project/program contract processes, policies and protocols.
Agriteam Canada offers competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package, and a convenient office location. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their cover letter and CV to email@example.com . Only short-listed applicants will be contacted; no telephone enquires please. For more information about Agriteam, please visit our website: www.agriteam.ca .