Knowledge Management Lead for the Decision Support Unit of the Land Facility
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
Cowater International is preparing for an upcoming opportunity focusing on supporting land reform in Africa. The Programme aims to support governments and other actors in Africa develop the basic building blocks of a fit-for-purpose central land governance system and more efficient, fair and transparent land investment approval processes. The Decision Support Unit will provide advisory services to help the client and delivery partners make evidence-based, outcome-oriented and VFM-driven decisions throughout implementation.
The Programme is expected to start in 2021 for a period of 6 years.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Knowledge Management Component: As an evidence-based support programme focused on enhancing the cost-effectiveness of the Land Facility’s work, knowledge management is a key component. The Knowledge Management Lead is therefore a core role to ensure the DSU is producing effective programme learning and programmatic actions internally and ensures strategic global dissemination. The Knowledge Management Lead will be a core member of the team, reporting directly to the Team Leader.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead the development and implementation of the DSU Learning, Knowledge Management, and Communications Strategy
- Maintaining a high degree of quality control over research and analysis conducted by the DSU, and identifying effective ways to get the research into use
- Provide technical assistance to key stakeholders for empowered dialogue and formulation of evidence-based positions, including building capacity efforts
- Coordinate knowledge management work across consortium and with Land Facility supplier and oversee communications mechanisms with stakeholders and partners
- Outline the requirements for communication systems needed by the programme which would enable quick and simple communication of key messages to all consortium members or specific stakeholders
- Develop tools to inform the program, as well as the community of stakeholders, e.g. cross programme linkages and learnings
- Oversee and advise on the development of effective dissemination and distribution channels for all DSU and LF outputs
- Lead on reporting for KM-related outputs, as well as fulfilment of contractual reporting to the client
- Coordinate and participate in the planning and delivery of stakeholder events, i.e. workshops, discussion groups
- Together with the MEL team, ensure that iterative learning processes are actively informing the development of the project.
- A graduate degree in social sciences (notably economics, planning, sociology or geography), international development, knowledge management land use planning/management, or a related degree
Minimum Experience and Essential Skills:
- At least 10 years of experience in knowledge management, including relevant work in land governance, public policy and/or administration
- Experience with supporting/conducting research and analysis and getting the results into use
- Experience with FCDO funded projects
- Experience in developing and operationalising communications and research-into-use strategies in an international development context
- Knowledge and experience of a mixture of communications methods, including social media
- Work experience with government and with development partners in land governance areas through wider engagement of stakeholders would be an asset
- An ability to adapt methods of communication to be most effective for different audiences
- Proactive and flexible with the ability to multi-task
- Multi-stakeholder management skills and the ability to build and maintain constructive and collaborative relationships with a variety of different individuals/organisations
- Any experience in one of the following countries is a strong asset: Senegal, Sierra Leone, Cote D’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, DRC, Uganda, Somalia, Malawi, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Excellent communication skills in English (speaking and writing) – French an asset
Candidates are encouraged to apply by April 21st, 2021 or as soon as possible on our Career Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.