Project and Events Assistant
Please submit a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by September 15, 2021
CAGH is recruiting a project assistant assist with the planning and execution of the annual Canadian Conference on Global Health as well as the 7th Global Symposium on Health System Research to be held in Colombia in 2022.
The project assistant will also provide support to other CAGH projects or events.
This is an hourly position that has the potential to increase to full time in 2022. CAGH offers flexible, remote working hours, and occasional travel will be required.
Salary: $20/hour (CAD)\
Level of effort: Part-time (approximately 3 days in 2021)
Location: Remote or in Ottawa
If remote, travel to Ottawa, Canada may be required and must be available to work in the Eastern time zone.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Provides follow up on all CCGH related inquiries
- Maintains list of activities and deadlines for CCGH
- Coordinates translation of CCGH materials
- Coordinates monthly planning committee teleconferences
- Coordinates the workflow and outcomes from the planning committee
- Assists with payment of suppliers, securing suppliers for all sessions types and hotel requirements as needed
- Creates and sends visa letters as requested by registrants
- Assists with abstract submission and review
- Coordinates the review committee to complete review
- Assists the CCGH co-chairs in developing program from selected abstracts
- Responds to inquiries and manage the abstract book
Onsite Assistance for CCGH:
- Assists with the allocation of space, development of physical program and app, printing of onsite materials
- Assists with speaker management, including: letters of invitation, travel booking, and assisting the keynote speakers as needed,
- Develops and prints name badges for onsite registrations
- Support development and implementation of activities and capacity-building events for CAGH national programs, when needed
- Support the development of national programs' communication plans and develop corresponding content, including social media and online publications, when needed
- Other duties as requested based on time sensitive projects and events
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in either communications, social sciences, or a diploma in event management
- 1- 2 years or more working experience in a planning or assistant role
- Experience within a global health organization is highly desirable
- Fluency in English is essential
- Ability to speak French and/or Spanish is desirable
- Ability to work remotely, however be available in the Eastern Time zone is required
- Ability to travel to various event locations within and outside Canada is required
- Must be able to work independently and take initiative to complete tasks and projects as assigned.