Project Director, Public Administration Reform and Institutional Development
Cowater is seeking a Project Director for a Global Affairs Canada-funded proposal focusing on Public Administration Reform and Institutional Development in Peru.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Cowater is seeking a Project Director for the upcoming Global Affairs Canada-funded MODSERV project in Peru. The 4-year MODSERV project will work to improve national, regional and local civil services in Peru, including at the regional government level. The position will be either part-time or full-time (to be discussed) and Canada based with regular travel to Peru.
- A Master's Degree in a relevant discipline (organizational development, public administration, or another related disciple);
- Additional training and education experience in the following fields will be considered an asset (Results-based- management, Project management, Gender Equality and Women's Empowerment, Environment, Human Resources, Finance, Organizational Development, Quality Assurance)
- At least 5 years of experience as a Project Director (or equivalent) for programming related to public administration reform or institutional modernization in a developing country context and of a high total budget (5 million CAD or more);
- Significant experience working with various types of stakeholders to implement development programming;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience managing teams on international development programming, with experience in Latin America being a significant asset;
- Substantial experience in developing, implementing and using Results Based Management and Risk Management tools;
- Substantial experience integrating cross-cutting themes such as Gender Equality, inclusion, and the environment into programming;
- Language Requirements: Fluency in either English or French and professional proficiency in Spanish;
- Previous experience working with Global Affairs Canada funded programming is preferred;
- The ideal candidate will have experience implementing and overseeing international development programming in Peru.
- Ability to oversee the timely and cost-effective delivery of MODSERV's results, the achievement of its objectives, and overall success of MODSERV;
- Managing Canadian based staff and Project field staff;
- Monitoring and assessing the political and social environment of project delivery;
- Overseeing and maintaining effective working relationships with key stakeholders;
- Sourcing and hiring ad-hoc technical specialists with relevant skills, qualifications and competencies to deliver on results in a timely manner;
- Monitor and track results according to a Project Measurement Framework (PMF);
- Integrate results-based management (RBM) approach and cross-cutting issues (Gender Equality (GE), inclusion and environment) within program activities;
- Ensure effective and transparent procurement and financial practices, procedures and reporting on programming;
Employment conditions: Full-time or part-time options will be considered, Canada-based with regular travel to Peru. Only applicants who are legally able to reside and work in Canada will be considered.
*In your CV and Cover Letter please clearly Indicate how your experience meets the Key Qualification Requirements.
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible on our Career Page. The deadline for applications is February 4, 2021 but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years' experience, Cowater International is Canada's global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec, Paris, London, United Kingdom and Nairobi, Kenya in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.