Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Information System Officer (National)
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The Australia-Indonesia Partnership Towards an Inclusive Society (AIPTIS) is Australia’s flagship investment in gender equality, disability, and social inclusion (GEDSI) in Indonesia. Launched in 2021, AIPTIS aims to empower local actors who influence the social, political, and economic institutions in Indonesia that underpin an inclusive, stable, and prosperous democracy.
The program will focus on the role of civil society, as legitimate, necessary, independent non-state actors that help to bind the social contract between citizens and the state. The AIPTIS Program will focus on three End of Program Outcomes (EOPOs):
- Selected national and sub-national government policies and programs are implemented in ways that enable greater economic opportunities and access to services for women and marginalised groups.
- Improved policy and regulatory environment for Civil Society Organisation (CSO) partners working on gender equality, disability, and social inclusion.
- Changing social norms and attitudes towards gender equality, disability and social inclusion amongst Indonesian communities, leaders, and institutions in relation to issues and locations within AIPTIS’ reach and scope.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Information System Officer (SMEISO) will work collaboratively and creatively as part of a dynamic team to ensure that planning, monitoring, reporting, and learning within the AIPTIS Program is based on a sound platform of information. S/he will build on her/his knowledge of technical database design and maintenance to shape how information is summarized and presented to users for maximum impact.
The Senior Monitoring, Evaluation and Information System Officer will work with the MERL Manager and Management Information System (MIS) Specialist to shape the design of a comprehensive and simple-to-use database for the AIPTIS Program. S/he will collate and store information from a variety of sources to ensure the database remains current, retrieve information in response to requests for information and summarize data to ensure it meets the needs of information users.
In addition, given the work-from-home protocol in light of COVID-19, the Senior Monitoring, Evaluation, and Information System Officer will lead the establishment of the online platform and infrastructure for the AIPTIS team to communicate, collaborate and share documents by undertaking the responsibility as the SharePoint lead administrator and customizer.
Period of Assignment: May 1st, 2021 – April 30th, 2022 (1 year) with a possibility of extension.
Reporting to: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a similar field
- Good understanding of Microsoft 365 as an online platform for the project and a good understanding of SharePoint management;
- Capacity to develop MIS with Oracle or Microsoft Access with the support from database specialist or give continuous support to the database user – for simple trouble shooting;
- Ability to develop a dashboard with Power BI or another relevant program such as Tableau; and
- Ability to communicate/explain database technical matters in simple language for users;
- Ability to develop a simple user guide for the platform and the MIS;
- Good command of the English language;
- Good team player;
- Able to work with minimal supervision; and
- Innovative and willing to develop a new system/ improvement of existing system as required by the program.
Women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by April 15, 2021/as soon as possible on our Careers Page.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
With more than 35 years’ experience, Cowater International is Canada’s global leader in management consulting services specializing in international development and has managed the implementation of over 800 projects in more than 80 countries around the globe. We work with governments, partner organizations, communities and civil society to design and implement sustainable solutions that generate lasting social, financial and environmental impacts. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada, Cowater International also has corporate offices in Montreal, Quebec; London, United Kingdom; Nairobi, Kenya; and Brussels, Belgium, in addition to project offices in a wide variety of other locations across Sub-Saharan Africa and Asia.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.