Check this page for the latest on COVID-19 and its impact on Canadians working in international development.
As we adapt our work environments and routines to manage the corona virus, information sharing is essential. CAIDP is joining forces with the Cooperation Canada, the Inter-Council Network of provincial councils, the Climate Action Network Canada (CAN-RAC), and the Canadian Partnership for Women and Children’s Health (CanWaCH) to do just that.
Global Affairs Canada
- New COVID-19 flexible measures related to volunteers; Jan 12, 2021
- Canada’s response to COVID-19 / La réponse du Canada à la COVID-19; Dec 15, 2020
Minister of International Development
- Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse during COVID-19 , May 5, 2020
- Information for Canadian international development partners
- Response to the April 3rd letter from the Minister, April 21, 2020
- Letter to the Minister, April 3, 2020
Virtual Town Halls with the Minister of International Development
- Virtual Town Hall with the Honourable Karina Gould | Assemblée publique virtuelle avec l’honorable Karina Gould; November 19, 2020
- Access the recording of the Town Hall with Minister Karina Gould with simultaneous translation.
- Virtual Town Hall with the Minister of International Development May 12th, 2020
- The recording can be found here (the call begins in French then continues in English at the 47:40 mark). Please note you may be prompted to register again in order to access the recording.
- Virtual Town Hall with the Minister for International Development April 2nd, 2020
- The recording can be accessed here (the call begins in English then continues in French at the 45:50 mark).
Listen in to sector online forums that you may have missed…
- Development Engagement Lab presentation slides and recording / Diapositives et enregistrement de la présentation du Development Engagement Lab; December 8, 2020
- COVID - 19 - Implications on Development Evaluation Practice -- a Zoom Conversation - April 9th, 2020
- The slides from this discussion, including a list of all the challenges pariticpants identified that they are facing in terms of evaluations now, and a list of resources, can be found HERE
- Forum #2 - March 31st, 2020 (1 hr French, 1 hr English)
- You can find the recording of the call here (the call begins in French then continues in English)
- Please note you may be prompted to register again in order to access the recording.
- Forum #1 - March 20th(1 hr French, 1 hr English)
- You can find the recording of the call here (the call begins in French then continues in English at the 59:46 mark).
- COVID-19 Solutions Team Meetings with Global Affairs Canada
- You can find more on the guidance and terms of reference for this dialogue group in the COVID-19 Forum here.
Look at these news and information features…
- Evolving list of links to COVID-19 related information
- Making history: How a pandemic took the world by surprise; MARGARET MACMILLAN; SPECIAL TO THE GLOBE AND MAIL
- Green stimulus can repair global economy and climate, study says, The Guardian, International Edition, May 5, 2020
- From rescue to recovery, to transformation and growth: building a better world after COVID-19, Amar Bhattacharya
Senior Fellow at the Global Economy and Development Program at Brookings Institution and Nicholas Stern, Chair and Vice-Chair, April 27, 2020
- COVID-19 Risks and Impacts on Economic Development by Canadian International Development Platform, April 2020
- COVID-19 Information for international assistance partners; March 29, 2020
- Covid-19: An update for our partners, Global Affairs Canada; March 24, 2020
- The Guardian: In one Italian town, we showed mass testing could eradicate the coronavirus; Andrea Crisanti and Antonio Cassone, March 20, 2020
- Aeroplan update; March 20, 2020
- OHIP will waive the waiting period for those returning; March 19, 2020
- Message from Minister of International Development ; March 17, 2020
- Travel insurance ; March 12, 2020
- Conference Board of Canada forecasts, targeted insights, and breaking evidence on COVID-19
- The Canadian Trade Commissioner Service - Resources for Canadian businesses: COVID 19
- The World Health Organization's (WHO) tracker and the UN dedicated website provide up-to-the-minute information and guidance on the current outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
- Devex Covid-19 page
- Managing virtual teams and online meetings and events; March 20, 2020
Write a COVID - 19 Blog…
- Asian Development Bank message to Canadian professionals - re: COVID-19 and recovery, Phil Cox, May 1, 2020
- Pandemic is a chance to rethink development, Ivan Somlai, March 27, 2020
- UNDP Response to COVID-19 Pandemic; March 23, 2020
- Coming to Grips with COVID - 19 - Canada's Response and Implications; William Finseth (March 19th, 2020)
- Coronavirus: The Hammer and the Dance; Thomas Pueyo, March 19, 2020